gsiplus.dlll error in RB 5.9 under wine Linux

I use Radioboss 5.9.4.0 with wine on Linux (OpenSuse Tumbleweed) and was having a recurrent issue. Now and them RB would stop because of a conflict with "gsiplus.dll". After a long time, I found out the reason. RB conflicts with KDE's screensaver. Every time I blocked the screen, when returning I saw the same message about gsiplus.dll. Now I don't block the screen and have deactivated screensaver. I just turn off the monitor at night. After that, RB haven't failed even once.

RB 5.9 works flawlessly in wine. I use two instances. One to broadcast a live station (morenafm.com) from input, 24/7. And the other to broadcast a web station (morenafmrio.com), generating a lot of different playlists, also 24/7. Have no issues.

Some tips:
- In wine config, choose Windows 7. Sometimes, if you use 11 some fonts don't show
- Use WASAPI and increase the buffer size

RadioBOSS 5.9 is old version and no longer supported. I think you should try using the latest RadioBOSS 7 to see how it performs.

RB 7 installs without any problem, but does not open. I tried with wine emulation of 7, 2008, 8, 8.1, 10 and 11. Every one gives me the same error message: Access violation at address 00F41E53 in module 'radioboss.exe'. Read of address 00000000

RB 7 installs without any problem, but does not open. I tried with wine emulation of 7, 2008, 8, 8.1, 10 and 11. Every one gives me the same error message: Access violation at address 00F41E53 in module 'radioboss.exe'. Read of address 00000000
Please click Details, then Send bug report. But we don't really test it under Wine so it's not guaranteed to work.

Back