One event two tasks

pety

I need to play a single track as a single event as follow :
  • Wensday at 10:00,
  • Monday at 20:00.
I know that this is not posible as single event at this moment.
Or is it ?

If it is not possible can be taken as feature request ?

Do you mean a single event that starts at monday and wednesday, and at different times? If so, we have such a feature in the list for the future versions ("Multiple start conditions for event") - I can't say when it's going to be implemented.

djsoft said:
Do you mean a single event that starts at monday and wednesday, and at different times? If so, we have such a feature in the list for the future versions ("Multiple start conditions for event") - I can't say when it's going to be implemented.
"Multiple start conditions for event" sounds great! Yes, this is a must have. If you promote this feature to the top of the list we will be very happy.

It was planned for RadioBOSS 5.4 but as it requires adding new settings to Event window, it was decided to redesign Event window (otherwise it can become too complex), and that's going to happen in 5.5 - the multiple start times feature should be added there too.

djsoft said:
It was planned for RadioBOSS 5.4 but as it requires adding new settings to Event window, it was decided to redesign Event window (otherwise it can become too complex), and that's going to happen in 5.5 - the multiple start times feature should be added there too.
It is ok. Maybe 5.5 will be released in 2017 ?

pety said:
djsoft said:
I think it will be released in 2016, first half.

djsoft said:
pety said:
djsoft said:
Thank You !!!

pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:
djsoft said:
Thank You !!!
Dmitriy
Is in progress this task "Multiple start conditions for event" ?
Few days and "first half" will be gone...  :)

pety said:
The featre is still planned, but we decided to delay RadioBOSS 5.5 to fix all (or, at least, most) of the bugs before adding new features. There will be one or two more 5.4.x releases (bug fix) before RadioBOSS 5.5

Dmitry, Pety,

This sounds like a wonderful feature.  I missed this when it was first posted but thanks Pety for mentioning it again.

Our scheduler window will be less cluttered once this feature is added.

Keep up the good work with thinking of new efficient ideas.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
Dmitry, Pety,

This sounds like a wonderful feature.  I missed this when it was first posted but thanks Pety for mentioning it again.

Keep up the good work with thinking of new efficient ideas.

Thanks,  Jamie C.
Two friend of mine who renewed their RadioBOSS license asked for this improvement. So there are a lot of people who need this. I guess it must be at top of the list. +100 :) Thanks Dmitriy for this awesome piece of software

I agree it is a good feature. More and more commands to start events.
-Date and Time
-DTMF
-Api (This is a promise for RB 5.5)

I imagine that this will create new possibilities for start of events.
for example date and time (range) + API, date and time + DTMF, only DTMF, etc.

On the other hand configurations asking Pety we also need. So far the only possible way is to duplicate events, which is very uncomfortable. This will be great

djsoft said:
pety said:
The featre is still planned, but we decided to delay RadioBOSS 5.5 to fix all (or, at least, most) of the bugs before adding new features. There will be one or two more 5.4.x releases (bug fix) before RadioBOSS 5.5
my opinion on this:
According to my experience and application tools I use (which are many) I have not found any errors currently critical.

On the other hand: new features enhance and facilitate our work. They allow to do things that were previously impossible. And it shows in the air of each Radio.

Typically two new versions each year is done. (At least since 2011 I use RadioBOSS). this is very good.

I liked the previous development approach, more number of features, with some bugs (not critical).

@nelson c
I respect your opinion.

My situation is different. I preffer a stable version.
In our radio station we used long time RB 5.3.3.1 and we did not make any update until 5.4.6 becouse the bugs from newer versions was incompatible with ON AIR.

I also I could not point to some great features of RB to potential buyers becouse of some bugs. So, it is very important that RadioBOSS works stable in a stable release.

radiodungog said:
Yes, this is the point. Couple of years ago, a "Duplicate" feature was introduced as a temporary solution to this problem, so that one can quickly copy an event to start it at different times. Now it's time to move on and "Multiple start times" feature will be added in RadioBOSS 5.5.

nelson c said:
I agree it is a good feature. More and more commands to start events.
-Date and Time
-DTMF
-Api (This is a promise for RB 5.5)
A set of API commands to work with the scheduler will be added in RadioBOSS 5.5. Multiple start times and (probably) multiple DTMF signals are going to be added too.

nelson c said:
According to my experience and application tools I use (which are many) I have not found any errors currently critical.
Overall software quality is very important. That's why we decided to hold on RadioBOSS 5.5 and release numerous minor bug-fix releases instead. It should be a good thing in the long run.

nelson c said:
Typically two new versions each year is done. (At least since 2011 I use RadioBOSS). this is very good.

I liked the previous development approach, more number of features, with some bugs (not critical).
It depends on what set of features you use and how. Some customers were affected by certain bugs introduced in RadioBOSS 5.4.0.

Back