new coder he aac , xhe aac

diabolix

Another suggestion I am seeing that another new encoder has come out much better and with better quality from the he-aac that is the XHE AAC that they comment that it has better quality and faster, to see if it will soon also be added to the radiocaster

RadioCaster (and RadioBOSS) support custom encoders. If you have a command line encoder for X/HE-AAC you can create a custom encoder and use it. The command line encoder must support stdin/stdout (most of them do).

You can find more information about it here: https://manual.djsoft.net/radiocaster/en/custom-encoders.html

I installed Audio Encoder Codecs

I tried with the following format :

C:\Program Files (x86)\AudioEncoderCodecs\enc_aacPlus.exe - - --br 64000 --he --silent --rawpcm 44100 2 16

The result is good and it works
Thank's

Hi there, I am wondering with your success if you can send the link for the .exe file of xHE AAC codecs.

Also, a step by step guide or command line will do for the not too tech savvy personso like me.

Thanks alot.
I installed Audio Encoder Codecs

I tried with the following format :

C:\Program Files (x86)\AudioEncoderCodecs\enc_aacPlus.exe - - --br 64000 --he --silent --rawpcm 44100 2 16

The result is good and it works
Thank's

Hi there, I am wondering with your success if you can send the link for the .exe file of xHE AAC codecs.

Also, a step by step guide or command line will do for the not too tech savvy personso like me.

Thanks alot.

Download Audio Encoder Codecs :

Install codec until finished

Open RadioBOSS
Setting -> Broadcast -> Advanced -> Custom Encoders
Press menu +
Click ENC1

And you can edit/copy and paste the sample code :

Name :
HE-AAC
Command line :
MIME Type :
audio/aacp

You can change the bitrate as you wish:
64000 = 64 kbps
96000 = 96 kbps
128000 = 128 kbps
etc..

Attachments

• he-aac-codec-radioboss-manual.JPG
    he-aac-codec-radioboss-manual.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 281
Download Audio Encoder Codecs :

Install codec until finished

Open RadioBOSS
Setting -> Broadcast -> Advanced -> Custom Encoders
Press menu +
Click ENC1

And you can edit/copy and paste the sample code :

Name :
HE-AAC
Command line :
MIME Type :
audio/aacp

You can change the bitrate as you wish:
64000 = 64 kbps
96000 = 96 kbps
128000 = 128 kbps
etc..
I haven't found the xHE Encoder yet, this example is only for the HE-AAC that I use, which certainly reduces the CPU load a little for Radioboss, and the quality is better.
xHE looks like apart from requiring an encoder that supports xHE, from the streaming server side it must support xHE and from the listening device side it must also support xHE. maybe you remember that there used to be MP3pro (player and encoder must install a similar codec)

Back