Ad break marker inside of a playlist?

Hello,
Is it possible to use the ads scheduler to set up the different types of ads or spots I want to put in ad breaks, and have it generate my ad breaks, but instead of scheduling them directly in the ads scheduler, let me place a marker of sorts in each playlist where the ad breaks should go? So, rather than telling the system to always schedule ads at these specific times every hour, it would be better for me to have that change dynamically per playlist, as I have programs of different lengths. During a music block, I may have two or three in an hour, but during a spoken word program, there may be only one at the very end of the hour.
The way I have been doing things, because of the shoutcast monitization program, is to create my breaks in an audio editor, putting two minutes of ads in each file, but that leads to the exact same ads being played in the exact same order, each and every day. It would be nice if I could set up my ad categories and have those breaks be done for me and be more dynamic.
This may already be possible, but I have no clue. I'm still a novice here when it comes to Radioboss. Used a different system for 10 years, though I am thrilled to have made the switch, and for the most part, I am getting the hang of things. On an unrelated note, I absolutely love the ability to insert pauses in a playlist. It definitely makes live broadcasting and talking between songs easier, where I'm not so rushed to say what I want to say without talking over the first part of each song. This wasn't possible with my old system, and is incredibly handy. Keep up the incredible work.

It's not possible - it's designed to create scheduled events with ads. You can use various event options, e.g. make it wait for the current track to finish.

I suppose I could still manage to generate something that would be more dynamic. I can set a playlist to play inside a playlist, right? If so, I can set up an ad break playlist, with my different categories of ads. Then, I could have a few generated per hour, and schedule said playlists to play inside my other rotations. Do you see this working? I don't actually have any paid clients, but want to set up ad breaks so that Zeno can replace those instead of interrupting important content, but I'm sick of using the same static ad breaks day after day, and want to have them be more dynamic.

AdsScheduler creates playlists with the same names, so you can reference those playlists in your own playlists, this will work.

Back