Audio interfaces support?

Ron

What about making better support for audio interfaces such as these below?

-Focusrite Scarlett
-Presonus AudioBox USB Interfaces
-M-Audio M-Track 2X2
-Roland Duo-Capture EX
-Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6
-Behringer FCA610
-TASCAM US-2X2 USB Audio Interface
-MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid
-Blue Microphones Icicle
-Sound Devices USBPre 2
-Zoom UAC-2
-Behringer U-Phoria

There are more, But these are a list that should get you going. I can help out with, Testing the Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen. I am sure there are many more people with interfaces hat would love to have more preformace and better options, As right now everything is meh.

We don't need to add support for specific audio devices. RadioBOSS supports the common driver models: DirectSound, WASAPI, and ASIO. It's sound card's driver responsibility to support one or more of this modes.

Basically speaking, RadioBOSS can work with virtually any sound card or USB mixer out there.

Well certain devices such as my, Focusrite have there own ASIO driver. So yeah also my device glitched out with Radioboss already, Had to unplug it and plug it in mainly a software issue with radioboss and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 i use it on my radio i can link you if you wanna hear how it works?

Then it's a problem with ASIO driver implementation for your device - you should try installing the latest driver version, may be they improved it. Anyway, it's sound card manufacturer responsibility to properly support driver protocols.

Well if this don't work well with your software, Then I don't know. Would be nice to know you are working with other Vendors to rectify issues many others have, Many others on here spend money on the same stuff I do in hopes to get results with Radioboss, Also this is a two way street if your software don't support there driver well nothing they can do. Also if there driver is crap nothing they can do, But to get the best of the best both of you must work to together and names like the ones I mentioned will make your software more known and out there cause everyone is running either a Audio interface or USB mixer and ones I listed if don't work with radioboss whats the point right?

Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
Well if this don't work well with your software, Then I don't know. Would be nice to know you are working with other Vendors to rectify issues many others have, Many others on here spend money on the same stuff I do in hopes to get results with Radioboss, Also this is a two way street if your software don't support there driver well nothing they can do. Also if there driver is crap nothing they can do, But to get the best of the best both of you must work to together and names like the ones I mentioned will make your software more known and out there cause everyone is running either a Audio interface or USB mixer and ones I listed if don't work with radioboss whats the point right?

I implemented RadioBOSS for some radio stations. The analog and digital mixers which works great are:
- Presonus Studio Live 16.0.2 (digital);
- Behringer X1204USB (analog);
- Allen & Heath XB18;
- Soundcraft Compact 10 etc.

So, I spent a lot of time to make the right settings and I found that RadioBOSS was not the issue.

Did you try the Focusrite Scarlett, Cause the last time i gave feed back. There was an issue with audio quality ill try on windows 7, 8.1/10 has been messing up.

Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
Did you try the Focusrite Scarlett, Cause the last time i gave feed back. There was an issue with audio quality ill try on windows 7, 8.1/10 has been messing up.
I did not try FS but I made some researches.
FS 2nd gen. is compatible with Win7, 8.1 and 10. It does have its own asio driver.
In many cases it is necesary a usb audio ground loop isolator (but I do not know if there is a usb3.0 g.l.i.).

In RadioBOSS you have to set proper audio driver.
If you have a small feedback from your mic then set output to encoders only.

Did you see this tutorial?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRYccGMjakM&feature=youtu.be

Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
Well if this don't work well with your software, Then I don't know. Would be nice to know you are working with other Vendors to rectify issues
The purpose why drivers and protocols were invented, is to avoid the need of supporting every device out there. The times when the software had to "support" a specific device was decades ago, back in old DOS days, when there were no drivers. Those times are long gone. For audio interfaces, there are ASIO, WASAPI and DirectSound driver protocols. RadioBOSS supports those in full. If your audio card support them as well (most sound cards do), then they will work together. There's nothing else we should do. The problem is non existent.

In the situation when your sound card doesn't support any of the standard driver modes, so that sound card doesn't even appear in the device list in RadioBOSS, then it can't be used with RadioBOSS. But I don't know any sound card with such kind of driver problem. And if there are such cards, it's not our responsibility to write drivers for them.

djsoft said:
Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
Well if this don't work well with your software, Then I don't know. Would be nice to know you are working with other Vendors to rectify issues
The purpose why drivers and protocols were invented, is to avoid the need of supporting every device out there. The times when the software had to "support" a specific device was decades ago, back in old DOS days, when there were no drivers. Those times are long gone. For audio interfaces, there are ASIO, WASAPI and DirectSound driver protocols. RadioBOSS supports those in full. If your audio card support them as well (most sound cards do), then they will work together. There's nothing else we should do. The problem is non existent.

In the situation when your sound card doesn't support any of the standard driver modes, so that sound card doesn't even appear in the device list in RadioBOSS, then it can't be used with RadioBOSS. But I don't know any sound card with such kind of driver problem. And if there are such cards, it's not our responsibility to write drivers for them.
There are many other issues which affect the quality of sound. People have to learn about. Sometimes is a driver conflict some other time is ground loop or even bad wires or bad connections.

That's correct. Funny thing here is that in case of any problems, some people blame RadioBOSS first :)

djsoft said:
That's correct. Funny thing here is that in case of any problems, some people blame RadioBOSS first :)
Dmitriy, I spent a lot af times finding the best solutions for specific cases. I remember that I asked for your help and you spent your time with me 4 hours until 00:30 late night. Our communication environment was the same: the forum. It was an emergency situation. You worked in code many times and I was testing it until the issue was solved. After that story I tested myself in other difficult situations. I spent a lot of nights and I learned step-by-step from god and from bad. I made tutorials to forum. But in some situations I understood that If I offer the solution the person who receive it did not learn anything. Also he is not pleased and injures you. Sometimes is wrong to help... It is good to spent time to search and learn from mistakes.

djsoft said:
Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:

Yea but if your software don't, Support there drives well what good is this gonna do for the hardware or software? Come on now. I had to pressure you to fix this software to run on my older machine, You guys did a bang up job.  Gets kinda annoying trying to get people to support hardware properly argh [removed] supports all this then again this 400+ dollars and I really like this software very frustrating and annoying i hope you all understand I run a fully licensed Internet radio station. I do search the net but there is no tutorial on coding radio boss to work better with Focusrite is there lol. that is the hardware comapny's job and the software company's job not mine I am only a consumer and beta tester and can only give you my results if you dont like them then what can I do?

pety said:
But in some situations I understood that If I offer the solution the person who receive it did not learn anything.
It's still good to offer the solutions to people. For me, I just make sure that the person doesn't abuse my (or customer support staff) help, like asking tens of questions every day about everything.

Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
Yea but if your software don't, Support there drives well what good is this gonna do for the hardware or software? ... I do search the net but there is no tutorial on coding radio boss to work better with Focusrite is there lol. that is the hardware comapny's job and the software company's job not mine I am only a consumer and beta tester and can only give you my results if you dont like them then what can I do?
Have you read what I said about the drivers? Again, we do not have to support specific devices. That's what drivers exist for. We only have to support standard protocols, like WASAPI, DirectSound, ASIO - and we do. You also have ways of adjusting it for a specific device - set buffer size, channel configuration, event driven mode etc. There's nothing else we have or should do about it.

If your device doesn't properly support any of those modes, contact them and ask to fix their drivers. We did everything on our part and will not waste our development resources into fixing someone else's bugs. Or, as a last resort, return the device that doesn't work right and get another one that does.

good night am looking help a have a digidesign mbox 2 i want to live stream with my pioneer ddj -sz true radioboos i get it conect to computer it work with radioboss it play with controller but not geting it stream can any one help me to configure it pleace

Back