Bug in Music Library

tomimatko

In the Music Library, when multiple songs are selected in Track Properties cannot added a Tag, and by default "Disable song" is checked.
If only one song is selected, then everything is ok.

Attachments

• 2022-12-15_150701.jpg
    2022-12-15_150701.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 118
In the Music Library, when multiple songs are selected in Track Properties cannot added a Tag, and by default "Disable song" is checked.
If only one song is selected, then everything is ok.
When you edit multiple tracks, only changed fields are edited. "Disable song" is not checked, it's in a greyed state meaning it will not change the disabled song state during mass edit (but you can make it checked or unchecked to change it). The fields that are empty will also be left unchanged.

I don't understand the answer. When I select several songs I cannot change the "Tags" with Track Properties. When I select only one song with Track Properties I can change "Tags".
Can this be fixed because it makes it easier for me if I want to edit more songs. Especially since the Tags editor is there, but it doesn't work.

The Tags edit is grayed out so it doesn't work. See the picture.

Attachments

• 2023-01-29_143748.jpg
    2023-01-29_143748.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 93
My opinion is that there is no need to have two separate options in the Music Library - Add Tags and Remove Tags. It is simpler to have everything in one window, so just check it or uncheck it.
For example, if I want to transfer a song from New A to New B it's simpler when everything is in one window, and not first open the Remove Tag window, then the Add Tag window.

I don't understand the answer. When I select several songs I cannot change the "Tags" with Track Properties. When I select only one song with Track Properties I can change "Tags".
Can this be fixed because it makes it easier for me if I want to edit more songs. Especially since the Tags editor is there, but it doesn't work.

The Tags edit is grayed out so it doesn't work. See the picture.
If you want to edit the tags (add or delete) there are separate menu commands (right-click menu - "Add tags", "Delete tags") for that. Editing tags from the tag editor window is only supported for a single track. This is by design, so that you accidentally don't reset tags for many tracks.

Back