Clean up option for tracks.db

Hi there,

I am organizing my music libary with MusicBee, that's why often some of my files moved to another directory.
That bloats up the tracks.db file, because there a lot of old invalid entries in it.

I wish there would be an option to say "check for untraceable files and remove invalid entries". Until now I have to delete the whole tracks.db file and losing all it's content when I want to keep it clean. That's really unpretty.

Basti said:
I wish there would be an option to say "check for untraceable files and remove invalid entries". Until now I have to delete the whole tracks.db file and losing all it's content when I want to keep it clean. That's really unpretty.
How large does the database file become? We've tested it with millions of invalid entries and the file was still small enough around 100MB.

However I agree that invalid entries are a mess - an option will be added in the Music Library to delete entries for nonexistent tracks.

djsoft said:
How large does the database file become? We've tested it with millions of invalid entries and the file was still small enough around 100MB.
It's not the file size I am speaking about. But you are right with:
djsoft said:
However I agree that invalid entries are a mess - an option will be added in the Music Library to delete entries for nonexistent tracks.
That is the thing i am talking about. It's my inner monk sayin "you don't need these invalid entries". :D

Thank you!

Back