custom buffer size for streaming

Leandrofiorenza

hello! first of all I want to inform you of an error.
when playing streaming RB CurrentSong file is not updated when you change the song that aired on the internet radio.
well here I what worries me:
we are broadcasting an event live every day right through shoutcast link to 192 kbps.
the problem is that we have internet connection on the radio and often for a few seconds the speed decays and Boss Radio transmicion cut by a "silent seconds" until it reloads the buffer.
Well the solution would be to increase the buffer size in radio boss. Is it possible to set the buffer size of streaming RadioBOSS? is very important to me.
for now, I'm using winamp for when I do outdoor Broadcasts, and have been the buffer of 64 kb which is the default to 999 kb, the only cons that I have more delay and a little quiet until it fills the buffer but so me works perfect.

Attachments

• buffer.png
    buffer.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 754
1) The bug with NowPlaying file update will be fixed.

2) Network buffer will be configurable in the next version - 4.7.1. Currently it's internally set to about 90Kb. It supposed to be released within 10 days.

hello, I would like that when you play a streaming file CurrentSong show only the name of the song and artist.
Bone: Artist - name of the song
currently shows the following:
  Artist - Name of the song (name of radio shoutcast)
and I think the name of the station should not be shown.

nelson c said:
hello, I would like that when you play a streaming file CurrentSong show only the name of the song and artist.
Bone: Artist - name of the song
currently shows the following:
  Artist - Name of the song (name of radio shoutcast)
and I think the name of the station should not be shown.
To exclude the station name from title:
Open Settings->View, uncheck the "Include stream name in title" option.

RadioBOSS 4.7.1 will not be released as a public beta.
It will be released as a stable version as soon as we finish the testing. There are some serious stability issues on some systems which should be resolved before release.

RadioBOSS 4.7.1 was released today and it has the network buffer size configuration (Settings->Playback->Miscellaneous).

hello, I increase the buffer size works great! thank you very much! :D

however with regard to the title of streaming, there is an error that was corrected, and generated a new one.
The above error is when repruduce streaming and change the song, the file does not update CurrentSong. continues to show the song that was playing when you begin playing the stream.
The new error is also streaming metadata should be stored in the buffer. because they observe that increasing the buffer displayed the title of a song that was not in the air. this is started to play 15 seconds later.
anyway is not urgent at all!

thanks

Yes, the error when stream title is not updated in a file is known and will be fixed in the next release.

Regarding the metadata updates when using large buffer... RB can't do anything about it - the metadata is sent in the stream, so it's impossible to get a new track title before RB reads the stream to the point where metadata is.
Of course there are solutions like play another stream with 0 volume and small buffer in the background and read metadata faster from it... or somehow get the title directly from the server - but I don't want to include things like this in RB :)

hi sorry for the delay in responding, I am very busy today. good do not understand well what you tell me (I use google translator), what I wanted to explain is that expanding the size of the buffer, it is logical to also increase the audio delay, but otherwise also streaming titles must have a delay.
for example by extending the buffer following occurs:
* the audio has a delay of 15 sec
* the metadata does not have Dalay
problem:
metadata is shown 15 seconds before the audio
bone, it was announced that a song is playing, and is still not started, started 15 seconds later.
is perhaps too complicated to solve, but I checked in winamp and it works fine, I think it is not urgent but in future this error could be improved.
thank you very much

Yes, this problem exists when using large network buffers. Better metadata synchronization will be in the next RadioBOSS update (I think).

great that good!. I was just thinking that maybe you could solve this problem with some field where the user can manually establish second delay of the metadata.
but this is much better. thank you very much!

Leandrofiorenza said:
great that good!. I was just thinking that maybe you could solve this problem with some field where the user can manually establish second delay of the metadata.
but this is much better. thank you very much!
I don't think the setting is required for this.
The program will calculate the time when metadata needs to be updated automatically, based on how much data is buffered for playback.

Leandrofiorenza said:
if it is true. this solution is much better. thank you very much :D
Well, the program now tries to calculate a delay for metadata. It's still not possible to exactly match track and title because of some tech issues... But it works pretty fine I think.
Update can be downloaded from here: http://dl2.djsoft.net/radioboss_setup_4.7.2.0.exe

djsoft said:
Leandrofiorenza said:
if it is true. this solution is much better. thank you very much :D
Well, the program now tries to calculate a delay for metadata. It's still not possible to exactly match track and title because of some tech issues... But it works pretty fine I think.
Update can be downloaded from here: http://dl2.djsoft.net/radioboss_setup_4.7.2.0.exe

Great!, The truth is very good! I'm very happy!, those seconds of delay are not at all important, it is preferable to have delayed the metadata to advance as before, and also works nowplaylist file, this did not happen before it was locked, with the first metadata!
Thank you and congratulations for your work! :)

Back