Delayed start of large files

I am having a consistent problem with playout of certain 2 hour long wav files. When the previous hour ends and fades out to the TOTH, the new 2 hour program is scheduled to start but it can sometimes take 30-50 seconds to start. I wonder if this is because RB is scanning the file somehow or preloading it. Is RB doing a normalisation or level check prior to commencing to play? This does not happen on shorter programs. Is there a setting I can change to prevent this issue?

When the previous hour ends and fades out to the TOTH, the new 2 hour program is scheduled to start but it can sometimes take 30-50 seconds to start. I wonder if this is because RB is scanning the file somehow or preloading it.
Prescanning is only performed for some formats - mp3 among them, but now wav. May be the file you play is located on a slow media, so it takes time to load it for playback? RadioBOSS doesn't load the entire file right away, it loads it in portions - so large files are not a problem because it doesn't need to read it in whole anyway.

No the file is on the same hard drive as RB. If I set the seek precision setting to false, what effect will this have on the mixpoint detection? Because the large file (wav) is tagged as a program, there is no fade in/out set. Should I tick the intro as 0 secs rather than leaving it out? RB actually seems to freeze but there’s no log error posted and it does not occur on all large wav files. Go figure.....

If I set the seek precision setting to false, what effect will this have on the mixpoint detection?
It does not affect wav files, so should make no difference. If you use "Trigger mix at" option and detected mix point is far away from the end of file, this could be the cause for "freezes". Can you please send us one of such .wav files to check?

Back