Easiest way to set up usb mixer with Radio Boss

dgrimm

I just got a Mackie ProFX8 USB mixer, I'd like to set how others are setting up their mixers. I'm not doing any Skype or radio call ins yet. 

Thanks in advance

dgrimm said:
I just got a Mackie ProFX8 USB mixer, I'd like to set how others are setting up their mixers. I'm not doing any Skype or radio call ins yet.
USB mixers are usually pretty easy to set up:
- connect it to the USB port of the PC.
- start RadioBOSS, click Settings->Options, open Playback and for the Main Soundcard click Change... - then select the mixer as the device you want to use.
After that, everything you play in RB will go to the mixer.

If you use the microphone, you also connect it to a mixer.

If you want to broadcast the mix - set up one of the line inputs (Options->Inputs) to use the mixer, select this input as a source for encoders (Options->Broadcasting).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Is a USB mixer a good addition to Radio Boss?  It sounds like it you can set some internal digital mix as a line in for Radio Boss?

That is a nice feature

bookbuster said:
Is a USB mixer a good addition to Radio Boss?  It sounds like it you can set some internal digital mix as a line in for Radio Boss?
Yes, USB mixer will work with RadioBOSS - just select the mixer in the RadioBOSS PLayback settings (Main Soundcard): http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/playback.htm

I'm setting up an Alesis MultiMix 8 with a condenser mic now; works fine but I'm not an audio guy and the settings baffle me.  After finally working out how to to skype and phone calls through just using VAC with RB, now I gotta reroute all this stuff.  Had to install Asio4all just to get this mixer to work with windows.  Works fine with RB though, just time to get tweakin. 

Back