File Types

Wheslley

File types, could have option so that the files of a deternated folder can be repeated, it would be useful to use tracks, locution funds, when these files are inserted in the playlist will repeat until the announcer jumps to next music.

This would be useful for folders with tracks used in how much speaker speaks, files of those folders will automatically repeat. Example in print.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 311
It can be dangerous if you leave the air unattended, and if a track of such type is in the playlist - it will repeat it forever, until someone manually switches to the next track :)

djsoft said:
It can be dangerous if you leave the air unattended, and if a track of such type is in the playlist - it will repeat it forever, until someone manually switches to the next track :)
Indeed :)

Of course not, this feature exists in a Brazilian software (Playlist Digital) in a different way, usually this type of folder is not used in playlist generator, and a file of this folder will be added to the playlist when the announcer is aware of the what are you doing. See that it can be dangerous also the example below in print when to forget the (amp in + 20db) this can generate types of audios very high differentiating of the others, that is to say, it should be used consciously.

This may seem insignificant to some, but to others it may be necessary. Manually repeating the function every time you use a background voice is very inconvenient too.

Attachments

• 00021.jpg
    00021.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 306
I'm still not sure that it'll be useful for many people, and danger of player being stuck on such a track makes this feature a potential source of problems.

In the next update (RadioBOSS 5.6) you'll be able to emulate such a behavior:
- add set repeat_track command to the playlist (click Playlist->Add command) to enable track repeat
- add the file you like to repeat
- add clr repeat_track command after the track to disable the repeat

(the current version does not support controlling track repeat from the playlist).

BTW Amp, even if set to +20 will not be loud anyway as Windows clips output sound level anyway.

I did not get it in my head, it was a susgesti?n that I saw in other automation software for radio, differently but that has the same result, it is certainly important for a large number of users, but if you do not find it interesting ok, maybe Radiboss has Focus on automation for stores and this certainly would not be ultil, but for Fm and Web radios yes has a great importance. Anyway thanks for the attention.  :(

I used this function in other software, I switched to Radioboss because I have too many functions, but I miss this feature.

Wheslley said:
maybe Radiboss has Focus on automation for stores and this certainly would not be ultil, but for Fm and Web radios yes has a great importance. Anyway thanks for the attention.  :(
RadioBOSS focuses on automatic operation, and that's why I have doubts about such a feature. Incorrect file type setup can lead to one track being repeated while no one is in the studio... We'll consider this feature for the future, anyway.

By the way, the new RadioBOSS 5.6 will have a new feature: "turn off track repeat when Next button is pressed", maybe this will help: you can enable "Repeat track", play the jingle in the loop, then click Next Track and repeat will be disabled.

Back