[fixed] RB 4.7.0.14 hang at startup - CPU is 99%

Christian

Hi Dmitry,

Just intall RB 4.7.0.14 on top of RB 4.6.3.905 on my test Virtual Server (Win XP Pro SP3). Install is OK but when running RB the interface loads properly but CPU raise at 99% at RB does not respond anymore.
I tried on a regular PC with Win XP pro SP3 and it is fine.
Just to remaind you that I do not have any sound card on the VM Server, could it be the issue? I have the error message 'Main' Device init error: No description (37) but I used to have it on previous RB 4.6.3.905

Christian

I'd advice you reinstalling it to a different folder. It seems like settings got messed up, and problems happen because of that.

Using without sound card is fine, but you get error 37 - it's becuase of misconfiguration - ti tries to use the device which does not exist in the system.

Hi,

I uninstall RB 4.6, then remove RB install directory then remove preset directory under Application Data in user profile.
I install new RB 4.7 but I am experiencing the exact same problem. The Interface loads but CPU rises at 99% and RB does not respond anymore.

Note: I do not have the error 37 anymore.

Christian

Christian said:
  I uninstall RB 4.6, then remove RB install directory then remove preset directory under Application Data in user profile.
I install new RB 4.7 but I am experiencing the exact same problem. The Interface loads but CPU rises at 99% and RB does not respond anymore.

Note: I do not have the error 37 anymore.
That's very odd. I think it can be some kind of virtual server issue...
Did you try restarting the server?

I don't know what could it be... If you want you can try this experimental version: http://dl.djsoft.net/radioboss_471.exe
If it works - don't use it for production (it's designed to produce crashes from time to time) - just let me know and I'll give you normal version.

Hi,

Still same problem.  :(    But I have a clue.  ::)
If I cactivate the option "DoNotLimitDecodeRate=True" in the player.ini the interface loads MUCH faster and I do not have the problem anymore  :D
I tried to broadcast with stereo tool plugin succesfully.  :)

Do you think it is safe to use RB with that option for broadcasting in production ? Or shoud I wait for a fix?

Christian

The only downside of using DoNotLimitDecodeRate=True is when you disconnect from the server, until it reconnects, the stream will play at higher speed (depending on how fast your computer is).
If you suppose that connection will never break (or break very rarely), you're safe.

Many thanks for pointing out the issue. I think the problem will be fixed in the RadioBOSS 4.7.1 release.

Ok,

I think I will update at least one of my two production server this weekend. Each streams to 5 servers, 3 Icecast + 2 Shoutcast. One is a VM on the same physical host.

Christian

As testing shows, the "100% cpu load" is solved, so the RadioBOSS 4.7.1 release will have a fix for it.

Should be this week. Several days are needed to test it. Stability tests are time-consuming :)

Hi Dmitry,

I confirm it is fixed in version 4.7.1. :)
I now look forward the next version to get the voicetrack alignment feature  ;)

Christian
http://www.clubbingstation.com

Christian said:
  I confirm it is fixed in version 4.7.1. :)
Thanks for pointing out where the problem was :)

Christian said:
I now look forward the next version to get the voicetrack alignment feature  ;)
I think it will be out in the mid-June.

Back