Great Software - Want to Buy - Need Advice but really urgently!!!

vocalistics

Hello everyone,

Firstly I would like to say that I'm finding this forum very interesting although cannot find specific answers to the queries that I have so I'm hoping that some of you can give me some information as soon as possible.

Our Internet radio station broadcasts three types of shows ? live from our studio here, pre-recorded and also shows that are relayed from syndicate providers live.  Going live is not an issue, playing pre-recorded shows is not an issue, and I think that the user-friendly interface in radio boss is going to be fairly easy to schedule the live feeds to come on and off at certain times but my question is this?

I want to set up recurring shows ? daily, weekly etc.  In the event of a pre-recorded show ? let's say the top 40 ? this will be supplied to me in three files.  The files can easily be renamed for example top one, top two, etc and scheduled to play each week and we just overwrite the master files.  The files however may not be of exact the same time each week ? for example there may be 54 to 56 minutes of show and the rest is available is for local commercials etc.  Currently we use a piece of software called radio works for scheduling our commercials I want to know if this is possible to import the log from radio works into radio boss so that we don't have to manually schedule all of the commercials.  The commercial schedule a section of radio boss appears to be in beta mode and to be honest is rather a manual process.  The problem is I want to be able to schedule for example a one-hour show that repeats every week and place three files and then have the adverts come in between each of the files ? for example floating breaks.  I also want radio boss to fill any other news available time with a category ? perhaps commercials or even jingles/promos to make exactly one hour blocks.

For the relay shows these are timed exactly ? for example we may have our local news followed by a couple of minutes of local time and then we pick up the relay at six minutes past the hour for 21 minutes and then we drop it and have three minutes of local time before picking up again etc.  These shows work to standard clocks and I'm hoping but for each of our hours in the week I can set up a clock/playlist and then just leave this software doing the job.

My main questions are whether or not this will be compatible with importing traffic/commercial scheduling from radio works and also whether it is intelligent enough to wait until the end of the current track that may be playing before starting scheduled commercials.  We will not be playing any music or short contracts through radio boss ? everything will be 15 or 20 minutes segments but because we need news at the top of the hour every hour we have to make sure that we work to strict clock.

If anyone can give me advice on this or indeed for a reasonable fee help me set it up then I would be for everything your debt and certainly by you a lot of chocolate biscuits :)

The software does look great ? really user-friendly compare to a lot that I have seen and after some server issues on our auto DJ recently I'm keen ? if possible this weekend ? to implement something here to broadcast without relying on external servers.  Thank you in advance for all of your help guys I look forward to your replies ;D

vocalistics said:
Currently we use a piece of software called radio works for scheduling our commercials I want to know if this is possible to import the log from radio works into radio boss so that we don't have to manually schedule all of the commercials.
I don't think it's possible because every software has own scheduling capabilities and generally events can not be converted from one into another.
If Radioworks can export playlists in .m3u format, RadioBOSS can use those.

vocalistics said:
The commercial schedule a section of radio boss appears to be in beta mode and to be honest is rather a manual process.  The problem is I want to be able to schedule for example a one-hour show that repeats every week and place three files and then have the adverts come in between each of the files ? for example floating breaks. 
Playlist Generator Pro can be used for this: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_playlist_generator_pro.htm

vocalistics said:
I also want radio boss to fill any other news available time with a category ? perhaps commercials or even jingles/promos to make exactly one hour blocks.
Exact length blocks are not easily achievable because there's has Gap Killer which removes silence so tracks will be slightly shorter. And there is crossfading with auto-detected overlap point.
A much easier approach would be to schedule another show at the start of the next hour.

vocalistics said:
For the relay shows these are timed exactly ? for example we may have our local news followed by a couple of minutes of local time and then we pick up the relay at six minutes past the hour for 21 minutes and then we drop it and have three minutes of local time before picking up again etc.  These shows work to standard clocks and I'm hoping but for each of our hours in the week I can set up a clock/playlist and then just leave this software doing the job.
Yes, that's easy, just set Repeat and Week Days properly in the scheduler when you want to play relay.

vocalistics said:
whether it is intelligent enough to wait until the end of the current track that may be playing before starting scheduled commercials. 
It can wait for the current track to finish or start playback immediately - you choose it in the Event properties, the option called "Run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish".

vocalistics said:
Yes, that's easy, just set Repeat and Week Days properly in the scheduler when you want to play relay.

Thanks - the problem is when I set up a programme using the playlist generator pro it has no option to set time lengths for relays... is there a way around this or would i have to manually schedule each of the sections of relay shows as a scheduled task rather than a playlist?

vocalistics said:
Thanks - the problem is when I set up a programme using the playlist generator pro it has no option to set time lengths for relays... is there a way around this or would i have to manually schedule each of the sections of relay shows as a scheduled task rather than a playlist?
Yes, Pl Gen Pro is designed to include physical files only. Stream inclusion will be added in the next RadioBOSS 4.9 beta update.

Back