ICY Metadata tags help

aprizion

Hello everyone,
do you guys have any xml or txt icecast ICY template, so I can set up an Icecast MP3 stream with ICY metadata tags, for the start and end of ad break, to be used with RadioCaster to read from txt or XML? The specs are below:

● Ad break start: StreamTitle='*';Duration=60
● Ad break end: StreamTitle='#'

Thank you in advance!

Hey everyone,
what is the code to paste in the Title format of RadioCaster when I set Read from XML, so it can read the node <titleName>MARIA ON AIR</titleName> of the xml file below? The goal is to get the name MARIA ON AIR or any other, everythime the xml is updated. Thanks!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<Monitor>

<updated>2022-08-24T13:03:25.920</updated>

<stationName>Wplay</stationName>

<playStatus>STOPPED</playStatus>

-<Next>

<startTime>2022-08-24T13:00:47.123</startTime>

<titleName>MARIA ON AIR</titleName>

<StoryClipTiming>0</StoryClipTiming>

<StorySpeakerId>12345</StorySpeakerId>

<StoryTextTiming>0</StoryTextTiming>

<StoryTimeGapTiming>0</StoryTimeGapTiming>

</Next>

</BroadcastMonitor>

Hello again, RadioBoss sends metadata info of the files with 1 second? And, about the fade in / out, if I set up do not crossfade short tracks 45 seconds or less and don't touch relay settings, whenever I've an relay active and a new 1 second track comes on air, fade in / out will not be applied, as I want, correct?

Actually I do not want to apply fade in / out in any cases where the track is 45 seconds or less. Thanks!!

1666726642780.png

1666726612804.png

RadioBoss sends metadata info of the files with 1 second?
Yes, there are no exceptions.

And, about the fade in / out, if I set up do not crossfade short tracks 45 seconds or less and don't touch relay settings, whenever I've an relay active and a new 1 second track comes on air, fade in / out will not be applied, as I want, correct?

Actually I do not want to apply fade in / out in any cases where the track is 45 seconds or less. Thanks!!
If you disable crossfades for short tracks, no fade in/out will be applied.

Hello, sorry for asking again, but for some reason, when I add an element with the name sarting with # the metadata not appears. I've tested in both RadioBOSS and RadioCaster with Icecast server, and:

Name of the MP3 file in the tags (artist + title)Metadata that appears)
# commnothing (blank metadata)
comm #comm
comm # breakcomm

Any ideas? I am currently using Zeno icecast to test. Thanks.

So, this is a server issue and not RadioBoss / RadioCaster issue? Thanks
I don't think it's an issue - it's how the servers work. IIRC, they are designed to reject some characters in order to avoid track title spamming. You should check the server logs to see what happens when title update arrives.

Hello, any chance to get metadata filters? Currently, my RadioCaster reads XML files, but I would like to send only two or three specific metadata

Hello, any chance to get metadata filters? Currently, my RadioCaster reads XML files, but I would like to send only two or three specific metadata
This is planned for the future versions, should be added in the next update.

RadioBoss Cloud: enabling or disabling "General crossfade settings" makes a difference if I never play tracks, but only play events relaying streams every 30 minutes?

1704736977909.png

Back