issue when loading?

Ron

Maybe you guys know what is going on, I am having this issue and need help. Below is an image of the issue i am having. KI get an Init error code 5 i think kinda weird.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 373
Hi
Got the same message code 32 after upgrading to V 5.5

Attachments

• ??????.PNG
    ??????.PNG
    116.7 KB · Views: 368
Do you use the latest RadioBOSS 5.5.5.0? Also, does this message appear all the time, or only once after an update was installed?

Yes i am on RadioBOSS 5.5.5.0 and the message appear only on startup and this message started withe me after upgrading to RadioBOSS 5.5.5.0.
Thanx

Yes i am using the latest version also, Ill wait till you update maybe that will fix this. I just hope the update is released in time for me to test. I really love this product its the heart and soul of my radio. Well all I can say is it may take a while for me to notice bugs but when i do they are major and more than one person complains about them also the bugs happen after a long install or happen after not being installed in a while on an older OS such as windows 7.

We are unable to reproduce it here. If you use antivirus software, I suggest you disabling it - it appears that antivirus blocks the write operation.

It's hard to tell what's wrong, and I don't think it's something wrong with the software... The bug does not reproduce here, and I don't see any reasons why it theoretically happen. We had similar reports from other users, but the problem was with antiviruses that prevented RadioBOSS to access its settings folder. I'm not sure why they done that.

According to the error message, a simple copy operation is failing, it can't write to the settings folder. I suggest to check folder security settings: make sure the user that runs RadioBOSS has full access to the folder, also uncheck the ReadOnly attribute if it's set.

Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
Well for us its messing up, All we can do is wait for next update.
I'm not sure the next update will do any change in this regard... You can try reinstalling it to a different folder. Also see the suggestions I gave in the previous post, regarding folder security settings.

Error 32 in windows is :

ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION
32 (0x20)
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I would either use Process Explorer utility and search for handles on that file copy destination or use Process Monitor to monitor file access and see whats going on. Both of these utilities are available from Microsoft.

Is it exactly the same file everytime?

Try uninstalling...  Run a Registry Cleaner (CCleaner), clean out your Registry, fix missing reg links, run a Defrag program.  then reinstall. I'd recommend 'C:\RadioBoss'. They can always reset your valid License Key activations.

DavenLC said:
Try uninstalling...  Run a Registry Cleaner (CCleaner), clean out your Registry, fix missing reg links, run a Defrag program.  then reinstall. I'd recommend 'C:\RadioBoss'. They can always reset your valid License Key activations.
RadioBOSS (as any other software) is better be installed to Program Files, this is the default - because this folder can't be modified from user accounts (it's protected by UAC), and therefore executable files are more safe there.

Back