Latest update issues

PJH

Since our upgrade to latest version of RBoss we have the following issues on win 10 pro.

1)  On locking the program occurred twice now RB has crashed on air, shut down and restarted with the following error "Access violation at address 006C4DEA in module "radioboss.exe" Read of address FFFEE0BC Program will be restarted because of fatal error.

2)  When I do a config back up I now have and error "Back up created. files were locked and could not be saved in backup!" if I try and restore using this file I have an error "unable to restore from backup. Error code 2" any suggestions ??

Both issues are since the latest update ... any ideas???

PJH said:
1)  On locking the program occurred twice now RB has crashed on air, shut down and restarted with the following error "Access violation at address 006C4DEA in module "radioboss.exe" Read of address FFFEE0BC Program will be restarted because of fatal error.
Does it happen all the time or only once/occasionally? If it happens again, please click Help->Contact support->Send bug reports.

PJH said:
2)  When I do a config back up I now have and error "Back up created. files were locked and could not be saved in backup!" if I try and restore using this file I have an error "unable to restore from backup. Error code 2" any suggestions ??
The backup feature fails on some computers, currently we investigate the issue.

PJH said:
It has happened occasionally ! .... on air !
Please click Help->Contact support->Send bug reports - the report will probably tell us what went wrong.

Further to issues since the upgrade, we have also encountered RB dropping tracks from the playlist (4 in 1 hr). Since we run unattended most times this has resulted in "dead air" as the hour playlist ends up being only around 45 minutes with the dropped tracks. Error "Unable to play! Error code 2 (unable to open the file/invalid server address"

I have found since the upgrade, that RB is unreliable and I have now rolled back to the old version (5.6.2.0) as this was running without fault, I just can't take any chances running the new version to air.

Incidentally I can now successfully do config back ups again without error or fail.

Dedicated computer for Radio Boss, Win 10 pro OS with WD Duo NAS as the source for all audio files, music are all wav. promo's, ID's and news bulletins are all mp3.

Any suggestions ?

PJH said:
Further to issues since the upgrade, we have also encountered RB dropping tracks from the playlist
Can you please provide some information on how it happens?

PJH said:
Any suggestions ?
I'm not sure currently what could be wrong. We do not have such kind of problems here, and other users do not report stability or other problems. We only have some reports with backup not working, but that's about it.

Back