Maintenance Check List for RadioBOSS for Effective Backup and Recovery

Dmitry and all,

Could you please help us develop an effective check list or "Hit List" for regular maintenance on RadioBOSS ?  RadioBOSS is a mission critical part of our radio station and we need a well thought out and effective "Hit List" to keep it healthy AND as a backup and restore strategy.

I realise that everyone's station radio station is a bit different - but such a "Hit List" should be universal for all stations.

It's likely that some RadioBOSS users have already developed such a procedure and I'd be delighted if they could share their experiences with the rest of us.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

I would like to help you, but I administer three Christian Radio Station.
My strategy for maintenance is the same to all three stations:
[list type=decimal]
[*]In C:\ we have RadioBOSS and the other audio softs;
[*]In D:\ we keep Music and in a separate Folder all subfolders with backups.
[*]In the folder called D:\back\Scripts we have:
[/list]
  • Libraries (all xml);
  • Playlists;
  • Presets
  • Screenshots (Images with settings - just in case);
Another solution for fast recovery is an image of boot partition C:\ with snapshot.exe.
We have another PC identical in the same location. We use syncronisation for the audio files.
By the way! All our music (Foreing and National) is splited in three parts:
  • Fast music;
  • Medium music;
  • Slow music
I know I can't help you, but... who knows...

radiodungog said:
Could you please help us develop an effective check list or "Hit List" for regular maintenance on RadioBOSS ?
RadioBOSS itself doesn't require any maintenance. Just do regular backups in case system goes down, and/or keep backup PC so you can switch to it in case main PC fails.

djsoft said:
radiodungog said:
Could you please help us develop an effective check list or "Hit List" for regular maintenance on RadioBOSS ?
RadioBOSS itself doesn't require any maintenance. Just do regular backups in case system goes down, and/or keep backup PC so you can switch to it in case main PC fails.
Indeed ! I imported with no problems backup from RB 4.9.1.0 to the newest version.

Back