Playlist Generator : Expected duration and real duration, playlist too short and silence

Altec

Hi Dmitri,

First of all, this problem is prior to the 6.3 update

I generate the 24 clocks in one time the day before the broadcasting, every day.

I'm not really sure but I noticed that the playlist generator not calculate very well the playlist time when I set for exemple 1 hour, for security I set "00d01h01m" in the playlist generator :

1682682878020.png

I think I identified the cause of the problem, it's because Playlist Generator use the duration of files but not the exact duration with mix point, If the file haven't the END point defined.

I noticed that because we have a special Live clock with only live records, and this live records have long parts of talk or applause. We cut this parts with mix and start point but all the lives have not the end point defined near the mix point. I think PLGPro consider the duration at the end point not at the mix point and it's why sometimes the playlist is too short.

I use to the option "Use this category only once" for the Overture jingle of the clock, I think this option perturbate the PLG time calculation too.

I found a technic to correct this for the moment, I set 1h12m :

1682682949537.png

Like this I don't find myself in the case of being out of the playlist

I don't understand wery well how all this things works, if you could please enlighten me on this subject

Best

Altec

If Start/End are not set and you have "Gap Killer" enabled in RadioBOSS, this will potentially make tracks shorter as silence is removed, but Playlist Generator did not account for that.
If you want better results, use the Process Tracks option in Music Library to at lease set Start/End and Mix Point. This will increase the precision of duration calculation.

Also just in case in Playlist Generator settings set "Amount of track overlap" to average Mix value, the default is 2.5 but it can be different in your case.

And add 5-10 minutes to the "Total duration" just in case.

Ok thank you Dmitri, I used the process track, off course, but in my case it's because I have live songs with big duration cuted to remove talking and long applauses.

Can you confirm that Playlist Generator consider the END point for duration but not the mix point ?

Thanks, yes I will do that but I try to calculate the best durations approach the exact time because my listeners don't like when I cut musics at the end of the hour clock for Time announcement and news flash.

Have a good day

Can you confirm that Playlist Generator consider the END point for duration but not the mix point ?
It considers Start, End, and Mix points if they are present in the Track. If a track doesn't have Mix point set, the "Overlap amount" value from Playlist Generator settings will be used instead.
Mix Start is not taken into account by Playlist Generator yet, so if you use this, the actual playback duration will be shorter than expected.

my listeners don't like when I cut musics at the end of the hour clock for Time announcement and news flash.
Please take a look at the Sweepers feature: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/sweepers.htm

Yes I started test for sweepers !

For End point etc my question is because some live titles are like this :
1683032491850.png

Should I move the end point near the mix to avoid PLGpro problems ?

Best

I think in this case Pl generator will consider 7 minutes duration because the end point is at the end !

No, it'll consider Mix as track's playback end point.
Strange...

I use to the option "Use this category only once" for the Overture jingle of the clock, Is this option perturbate the PLG time calculation too ?!

Because I have this problem of too short playlists only in this clock...

Thanks In advance

I use to the option "Use this category only once" for the Overture jingle of the clock, Is this option perturbate the PLG time calculation too ?!
This option doesn't affect duration calculation.

Because I have this problem of too short playlists only in this clock...
How much shorter are they? Do all tracks have Start/End/Mix points set?
If you use the new Mix Start point, there's possibly a bug, and PlGen may not properly calculate it.

This option doesn't affect duration calculation.

How much shorter are they? Do all tracks have Start/End/Mix points set?
If you use the new Mix Start point, there's possibly a bug, and PlGen may not properly calculate it.
The tracks have at the minimum Start and Mix defined, but some tracks don't have the End point defined, maybe the problem happens when some tracks don't have the End Point defined ?

Best

Altec

The tracks have at the minimum Start and Mix defined, but some tracks don't have the End point defined, maybe the problem happens when some tracks don't have the End Point defined ?
If there's no End point, and you have Gap Killer enabled in RadioBOSS, it will detect End automatically, making tracks shorter.

Back