Playlist Generator Pro does not work when actived by Schedule

Bensisko

Hi,
I had planned on wednesday evening at 21:30 a schedule for a program "live."
For this event I created a playlist to be activated in automaticamete schedule, and 'always went regularly automatically with older versions of the software, Tonight nothing 21:30 I saw the logo generator playlist pros and the player has deleted the playlist player earlier, but it 's been empty, then I have to manually open the Playlist Generator Pro I started creating manually and then transferred to the player, but if I go to event and hit Run Now button nothing happens, I do not know if it's a bug or I have some problem you can check? I hope I have explained well

Did you know I am having issues just waited to see if someone  else had issues everything but 2 of my scheduled item's works but the rest don't, and they are all play list you know so I don't know?

Bensisko said:
Hi,
I had planned on wednesday evening at 21:30 a schedule for a program "live."
For this event I created a playlist to be activated in automaticamete schedule, and 'always went regularly automatically with older versions of the software, Tonight nothing 21:30 I saw the logo generator playlist pros and the player has deleted the playlist player earlier, but it 's been empty, then I have to manually open the Playlist Generator Pro I started creating manually and then transferred to the player, but if I go to event and hit Run Now button nothing happens, I do not know if it's a bug or I have some problem you can check? I hope I have explained well
Please download the latest RadioBOSS update (5.0.3.2). Also give screenshots on how your event is set up - it looks like you've incorrectly specified the preset name therefore it doesn't generate playlist for you.

WBGS-Founder said:
Did you know I am having issues just waited to see if someone  else had issues everything but 2 of my scheduled item's works but the rest don't, and they are all play list you know so I don't know?
It looks like a completely different issue - please create another topic about it with more details.

Well, this has never happened before could be the way I was using the program so yeah.

Hi,
The problem is that when I press the Run Now button on an event to activate it manually, nothing happens. I had to uninstall the beta and install the latest stable release, fortunately I had done all the backups, well in this version no problem, unfortunately I have not received notice of a new version, the beta version is now installed in another computer where the music does not go on the air and try this new version will let you know.
:D

Bensisko said:
Hi,
The problem is that when I press the Run Now button on an event to activate it manually, nothing happens. I had to uninstall the beta and install the latest stable release, fortunately I had done all the backups, well in this version no problem, unfortunately I have not received notice of a new version, the beta version is now installed in another computer where the music does not go on the air and try this new version will let you know.
Interesting! Mine works: RB 5.1.0.2

Mine works as well but the schedule I can't explain it just does not work right. only two items work I have set the play list to schedule Night and during the day do nothing but clear the list I have sent in all my bug reports and there is no error, so I don't know what other info you need, or I can offer?

What I observed:
  • I made a Template in PlGenPro for about one hour;
  • The Event generated with "Perform an action" -> Playlist Template (Generator Pro) and "Run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish" option is loaded and run in Playlist with 3-4 seconds later.
It should start to generate the playlist with 3-4 seconds before to play it exactly in time.

Bensisko said:
Hi,
How large are the playlists which generated by playlist generator?

WBGS-Founder said:
Mine works as well but the schedule I can't explain it just does not work right. only two items work I have set the play list to schedule Night and during the day do nothing but clear the list I have sent in all my bug reports and there is no error, so I don't know what other info you need, or I can offer?
Are you sure you have the correct start time for events? I'm looking right now at RadioBOSS running with about 150 scheduled events and everything works as it should...

pety said:
  • I made a Template in PlGenPro for about one hour;
  • The Event generated with "Perform an action" -> Playlist Template (Generator Pro) and "Run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish" option is loaded and run in Playlist with 3-4 seconds later.
It should start to generate the playlist with 3-4 seconds before to play it exactly in time.
When executing the generate command, neither RadioBOSS or PLGenPro "know" how much it will take to create a playlist.

There's a solution for your situation: create two events, one event creates the playlist and saves it to a file e.g. PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe -preset=your_preset -out=D:\temp.m3u8
and second event starts this playlist (D:\temp.m3u8) at the exact time you need.

[quote author=djsoft]
When executing the generate command, neither RadioBOSS or PLGenPro "know" how much it will take to create a playlist.

There's a solution for your situation: create two events, one event creates the playlist and saves it to a file e.g. PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe -preset=your_preset -out=D:\temp.m3u8
and second event starts this playlist (D:\temp.m3u8) at the exact time you need.[/quote]
That is what I intend to do:

1. Create 24 commands in a .bat file (from Preset 24H) for create 24 playlists:
  • command in .bat file: "C:\Program Files\RadioBOSS\PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe" -preset=ORA 00 -out=D:\Playlisturi\Playlist\2014\Apr00-%%nn.m3u8
  • command in .bat file: "C:\Program Files\RadioBOSS\PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe" -preset=ORA 01 -out=D:\Playlisturi\Playlist\2014\Apr01-%%nn.m3u8
  • command in .bat file: "C:\Program Files\RadioBOSS\PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe" -preset=ORA 02 -out=D:\Playlisturi\Playlist\2014\Apr02-%%nn.m3u8
  • etc., etc.
2. Run command in event: D:\Playlisturi\Playlist\2014\Apr?dd-?hh.m3u8

I do not use switch "-n24" to generate 24 playlists with only one command becouse my playlists are very customized (different).

You can do it like this as well. Note that you need to enclose the preset parameter in quotes e.g.
"C:\Program Files\RadioBOSS\PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe" "-preset=ORA 00" -out=D:\Playlisturi\Playlist\2014\Apr00-%%nn.m3u8

djsoft said:
You can do it like this as well. Note that you need to enclose the preset parameter in quotes e.g.
"C:\Program Files\RadioBOSS\PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe" "-preset=ORA 00" -out=D:\Playlisturi\Playlist\2014\Apr00-%%nn.m3u8
Good point, Thanks.
I made a copy and I saved it in a file in my PC.

Back