Radioboss 5.4.3.1 Problem with Activation Schedule in certain conditions

Bensisko

Hello
Maybe a bug in RadioBoss in schedule: Mondays and Wednesdays I planned an event at 0:30, only these two days this event will not work if we approach the now 00:30 where it needs to activate work for example 5 minutes before the desired time in timer column indicates 23 hours before activation for this event does not work.
If, for example, add another day Monday Tuesday Wednesday even then the timer works properly.

Hello Dmitry
Thanks as always for listening. As we see, very clearly, if the event is scheduled for 00:31 only days Monday and Wednesday it will not work, the timer is turned off. If I add another day (I do not need in this case) here is the timer appears and countdown and 'active, if I remove the day Thursday the timer disappears. Same thing to Monday, if I add on Tuesday (I do not need) the timer is activated and then the event will run. Only difference I can not prove because it occurs late at night, when we approach the hour that should work if there are only two days Monday and Wednesday will indicate the timer function 'but' at 00:00 Activation, then Monday night will remain inactive. I hope I was understood.

Attachments

• 2016-03-16 17_50_21-Bug Schedule Before.jpg
    2016-03-16 17_50_21-Bug Schedule Before.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 433
  • 2016-03-16 17_50_21-Bug Schedule After.jpg
    2016-03-16 17_50_21-Bug Schedule After.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 424
Can you please also post screenshots of the events themselves (the event window)?

Hello Dmitry
I hope you have understood what you asked me. Let me know if ok

Attachments

• 2016-03-17 15_07_42-RadioBOSS Standard (5.4.3.1) - Radio Tigullio.jpg
    2016-03-17 15_07_42-RadioBOSS Standard (5.4.3.1) - Radio Tigullio.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 417
The error doesn't reproduce here. Could it be that you set the event to run at Monday, 00:30, but if it's a Monday already, daytime, the "upcoming" 00:30 is actually a Tuesday?

Hello
I think this happens:
I want an event goes on the air at 00:30 on Monday night, but at 00:30 for the calendar and clock are already to Tuesday morning, right?
How do you think I have to plan the event?
I believe that when a radio generates the clock to calculate the change of the day at 5 am the next day when they begin the programs of the new day, so you can progra the event "Serata Chillout Ambient dopo Emanuel Serata Spec. (lun me)" It must be considered in Monday night airing at 0:30 not considered to be aired on Tuesday morning at 00:30 'cause that also false use of the daily filter, active filter to see this event and make it turn, I have to program it to Tuesday morning at 0:30.
The problem does not detect the next event that starts at 01:30, as you see in the picture, the post, 'cause there are more' days in sequence one covers the other.
Briefly, the schedule must consider the change of day when they begin the programs of the next day (eg on Radionomy to overcome this problem consider the new day from 5 am, and their name is DAY TEMPLATES as see in the picture).
So the RadioBOSS program, in my opinion, must consider the previous day in the programming up to 5 hours of the next day
I hope you have understood, to explain using a translator and try to figure out what you think is not easy.

Attachments

• 2016-03-21 14_22_18-NxDock.jpg
    2016-03-21 14_22_18-NxDock.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 397
On your screenshots here https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,4525.msg21563.html#msg21563 it's working correctly: it's Monday, 17:45 and your event is set to Monday, 00:30 - this means, the event was started earlier this day, and it's not going to start later at 00:30 because it's not Monday anymore - it would be Tuesday.

Bensisko said:
So the RadioBOSS program, in my opinion, must consider the previous day in the programming up to 5 hours of the next day
This can complicate things, IMO, and it sounds like creating an alternative version of a calendar :) The days are defined to start and end at 00:00, and most people expect it to work this way. If we make change it to 05:00 I believe this will become a customer support nightmare for us... there are hordes of scheduler-related questions already.

If you need an event to start after Monday, at 00:30, then scheduling it to Tuesday is the logical thing to do, as it'll actually be Tuesday.

Can you please tell me the end purpose of using the time-shift? If it's just for filtering events for a particular day, then probably improving the filter would be a better solution.

Hello Dmitry
What you write on your calendar is right, but we all know that the clock of a radio many events are programs that go beyond midnight, and can not be programmed as Tuesday morning early, because they are part of the programming, Monday night.
Can this solution? In the build options of an event, if you choose a time between 00:00 and 05:00 (for example), it is activated a check where you are asked whether to consider this event an extension of the previous night. That way if you activate the check this event that I activated at 00:30 is still considered to be Monday (in my case) and not on Tuesday that will allow 'to activate the timer like it's Tuesday morning, but. in the Run column it will be written on Monday and not Tuesday. You think it's possible this solution? There is the option to decide how to consider this nocturnal event ... Surely this is just a proposal, other solutions are well accepted
I ask you to use plain English in the answers, because I use google translator to understand what you wrote.

The solution depends on what end result do you need. If you merely need to list events programmed before 05:00 Tuesday as events for Monday, then easier solution would be to modify the way RadioBOSS filters events.

Hi
Of course, this and 'a solution to act on the event filter,  important that the' event will start, at 00:30 the night between Monday and Tuesday (in my case, but valid for all days), so if you can make this change on the filter, maybe in the next update so let's see if it is a good thing ..

I'll see what can be done about filters, but I don't promise anything about it, as this is untypical request. There were no such requests from other users, and for me it's counter intuitive to still have Monday while it's already Tuesday, 01:00 :)

Hi Dmitry,
do not let problems, I do not want custom modifications to the program, if it's just me to write about this, then we will consider the change of the day as watch. I thought this was a problem that could be of interest to other users of the program. Use the day as scheduled. If in the future there will be more users to present the problem then we'll talk.  ;)

Yes, the request is unusual, that's why I hesitate on adding such a feature :) Probably at some point in the future, we'll reconsider this feature.

Hi, Dmitry
well, as I told you the programming days of the programs and events of a radio, are not those of the calendar, start the morning with the events of the new day and end the next morning, including the night. Soon this thing must 'be considered, I hope soon, for now. Thank you ;) ;) ;)

Back