Radioboss and audio interface

Hello,
I want to broadcast my church services using Radioboss. I could do almost the same thing in a much more simple way, using a free tool like Altacast. However, I want to be able to play a jingle at the beginning and end of the service. Plus still have hourly station ids, where the audio would duck and the station id would play over top.
So, I know how to set up Radioboss with a mixer, setting both input and output to the usb device. However, since it is an audio interface, and not a mixer, my concern is that Radioboss could somehow pick up my screen reader which is also sent to my headphones via the same interface. Do you know if that would happen? If so, how might I fix this? I don't have any other sound devices available for the screen reader, and can't have it come out of the computer speakers as many people would find it distracting or disruptive. So, I need to be able to hear NVDA through the interface without it being picked up on my broadcast. With a simple bbroadcast of audio out, that isn't a problem, but since I would also be mixing in jingles and station ids, that is where I am concerned.
Any tips would be much appreciated.

my concern is that Radioboss could somehow pick up my screen reader which is also sent to my headphones via the same interface
With default settings, RadioBOSS will only encode what is playing inside it - no other sounds playing on the same (or different) devices will be included in the stream.

Hello,
Some observations. With a mixer, setting input 1 to the mixer makes everything from the mixer get encoded and streamed out. I expected the same behavior from the audio interface, but when I tried it that way, it didn't work. I had to set the interface as microphone instead of under input 1, and that did the trick. Now, service gets broadcast, with jingles at beginning and end, and hourly station ids, as expected. I would however like to know why it didn't work under input 1 like the mixer does. I mean, the important thing is that I got it working, but I am curious.

Back