Radioboss and usb mic with interface

Hello,
I am looking at a new travel setup. I plan on purchasing a usb mic with built in headphone output. Nice thing is about a device like this, is that I can set it for both playback device and microphone in radioboss. However, this does give me a small problem. My screen reader would probably also be using this built in sound card. When only doing radio broadcasts, this isn't a problem, as Radioboss only broadcasts audio from the program, so music, jingles, etc, and my voice when mic is toggled. Where I could potentially run in to problems is when I also want to put something on social networks, using Streamyard. Streamyard also lets you select mic and speakers, but the problem is, in this case, that streamyard is not able to pick up audio only from a specific program, so it would end up picking up my screen reader. So, I thought that I could use a virtual sound card as either main or monitor, and set the usb mic interface to use the other, whichever is not taken up by the virtual sound card. This could work, but with the delay in RB and Windows, I end up hearing myself with a delay. Normally, I would check the box to only send the mic to encoders, disabling local playback. But... then if it isn't heard at all within the program, then it would not be picked up on the streamyard broadcast. So, what I need is a way to disable mic playback on one device, such as monitor device, but keep it working on the main. And, from looking at settings, it seems to be all or nothing. Any way around this? Or, is there a program out there that would capture ONLY the audio mix from radioboss, music, mic, etc, and actually make that output as a selectable sound device that I could then select on Streamyard?
I know I could get some equipment and send my screen reader audio to one device, radioboss to another, and then get a headphone mixer to then send the two sources to the one pair of headphones. That's what I have in studio, and it works very well, but the whole idea here is to travel with a minimum amount of equipment. So, if there is a software solution to this, that would be great. To recap, I want the broadcast on streamyard to pick up only the audio mix from radioboss, and nothing else, which by just selecting the sound card in the USB mic, would not work, since my screen reader audio would bleed through. If I make it where the mic only goes to the encoder, then it wouldn't go out over the virtual sound card either, so there really needs to be a separate toggle for the mic playback on main player and monitor device, or an output of sorts that would capture the entire mix and show up as a selectable sound device in other programs, but that way what people on the social networks hear, is exactly what is heard on the radio too, nothing more, nothing less.
I know this situation is not typical, as not everyone uses a screen reader, but I really do hope you can help me find a solution.

that streamyard is not able to pick up audio only from a specific program, so it would end up picking up my screen reader
You can use virtual sound cards for that. Configure "Monitor card" in RadioBOSS to use a virtual sound card, and select the same card in the other card as input to capture that sound. However, as you see if MIC is not included in the stream, it won't also be included in the virtual sound card output.

One possibility here would be to use hardware mixer board, and plug microphone there, then use mixer's out as streaming source: https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/using-mixer-board-with-radioboss-for-streaming.6384/

Or, is there a program out there that would capture ONLY the audio mix from radioboss, music, mic, etc, and actually make that output as a selectable sound device that I could then select on Streamyard?
This can be actually possible. Configure integrated server in your "main" RadioBOSS: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/integrated-server.htm
Use format like MP3 320kbps for high quality streaming.
Install another RadioBOSS (to a different folder), configure its output to a virtual sound card. Add network stream to its playlist (menu Playlist->Add URL). Set the playlist to repeat. Play the stream. This way, you will have stream playback in your virtual sound card.

The idea with the mixer won't work, as I don't have one small enough to travel with.
The other idea of a second rb instance sounds a bit complicated.
The other thing that I thought of just a bit ago, is all this could be easily fixed if the device in question can be made to work as asio device, with asio for all. If that works, then I can easily set main as asio, monitor as virtual, and done. Only thing is whether or not that usb mic can be made to work as asio. I know that a regular usb audio interface can be made to work with asio, but the problem I had with that is that I couldn't keep mics as mono, so they would play only on left or right, and I wanted them centered, so on both channels. But, maybe that won't be a problem with a usb device with only the one channel, instead of an interface with two? I wish there was a way to know before buying the mic I have in mind. Do you have any equipment you could test that with?

I'm not sure about ASIO. Using a second instance of RadioBOSS seems like an easier solution to me.

Hello,
Problem with the second version of rb running is that audio and video could be way out of sync. Could still happen with a virtual sound card, but I don't think it would be quite as bad.
Having said all that, I decided to save my money, and just use an existing usb interface with some broadcast headsets I have on hand. I thought they were in worse condition, but took another look, and they are still in decent enough shape, so will just use those. So, I know ASIO works with this interface. Problem is, while delay is much better than with the other options, it is still enough to be a distraction. But just barely. I don't know much about ASIO and its settings. Any recommendations for setting up ASIO for All? There are a lot of options in the ASIO CP, and before I just go messing around in there, I would like to have a better idea of what I am doing. Even if it isn't perfect, if I can get it to a point where it isn't a distraction, that will be good.

Asio4All works OK with the default settings, in most cases it's enough to just install it and use it as is.

Back