RadioCaster - Settings/Options

DJSTU

Looking under options the "Show button on taskbar"
At the moment I cannot see what function this box (if it is ticked) performs, because nothing seems to happen when you do tick it ?

Is it mean't to reduce RC to an Icon on the taskbar when clicking X  ?. If so it doesn't work.
or
Does this in fact work in conjunction with Start on Windows load which automatically puts it as an Icon on the taskbar ?

I usually like to start software manually and it would be great to have RC start in full then move down as an Icon when clicking X, then once there, the Icon having the option to right mouse click to bring back in full or a choice to exit.

DJSTU said:
Is it mean't to reduce RC to an Icon on the taskbar when clicking X  ?
That's correct. Feature doesn't require having "Start with Windows"switched on, but only works on Windows Vista and newer systems.
If you're using Windows XP or earlier, it wouldn't work.

Please make sure you're using the latest version RadioCaster 1.5.2.0.

When you have "Show button on taskbar checked", program will appear in the taskbar (pic.1). When unchecked, the taskbar button will be removed and a small icon will be added to the notification area (pic.2).

Are you sure it doesn't work like this?

Attachments

• 3-5-2013 3-55-07 PM.png
    3-5-2013 3-55-07 PM.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 443
  • 3-5-2013 3-55-34 PM.png
    3-5-2013 3-55-34 PM.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 434
Yes, I have Ver 1.5.2.0.

I have discovered what is happening.
I was expecting this action to happen when I clicked on the  X  button.  Similar to what you have in RB under General (X Button Action).
But in the case of RadioCaster, I was expecting this choice on  X  to minimize to either the Taskbar or the Notification area according to tick/unticked in the box.

I now realize you have it loaded on the minimise to Taskbar button itself (-). A little unusual way of doing it, but I guess it works.

It doesn't affect the X button in anyway. It just controls where you have the program button: on the taskbar or in the system notification area.

It was added because many people use RadioCaster in the background (and don't need to frequently open its window) - so they don't like the fact that it consumes space on the taskbar.

I understand why you did it, it's very useful, and it does that function perfectly.  ;D
That is, once I found it on the (-) icon. That part wasn't obvious because that's not the normal place for it. That's why I had trouble figuring it out.
Normally that function would have been added to the  X  icon. And once in the notification area, you would click once to bring back to full, or right mouse click and the word "Exit" pops up.
I would just add into Settings/Options the words  "this works on the (-) icon" to make this difference obvious and easy to work out.

In Windows, the usual function for "X" button is close, while "_" button used to minimize. RadioCaster doesn't change this behavior, so according to MS UI Design guides that's better.

The confusing thing is that similar option in RadioBOSS works in slightly different way... But I think we can live with it :)

Back