RB is trying to physically play a "comment" in a playlist when executed with RB 6.2.3.2

mbabb

I have created a playlist (see attached). I have it setup in Event Scheduler to randomly play ONE file from that playlist when a particular DTMF tone is received. It has been working perfectly until I updated to RadioBOSS 6.2.3.2 today. Now every time it selects one of the comments in the playlist it is actually trying to play the comment as an audio file and I get the message "[A] error. Unable to play! Error code 2". Duh...of course it won't play, it's not an audio file. Before updating RB, it would print the comment in the Log and go back to the network. No error. Now there is a delay before returning to the network as it is trying to actually PLAY the comment. Any fix or work around?

thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 11.17.21 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 11.17.21 AM.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 108
This doesn't seem to reproduce here. Can you please send us a playlist for which this happens?

This shouldn't happen. The comments should be ignored completely, no log entry, no error entry.
Here is my Log file for today. Everything before 9:19:16 AM worked just fine. At 9:19:16 AM RB was updated and restarted

Attachments

• 2022-12-13.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 129
Here is my Log file for today. Everything before 9:19:16 AM worked just fine. At 9:19:16 AM RB was updated and restarted
I see you use this playlist as a source for Track List, and it picks up the comments. We'll check if there's a bug.

I see you use this playlist as a source for Track List, and it picks up the comments. We'll check if there's a bug.
I forgot to mention that I have it scheduled in the event scheduler to play as an "overlay", which you probably saw. The O/S is Windows 11 Pro version 22H2

I forgot to mention that I have it scheduled in the event scheduler to play as an "overlay", which you probably saw. The O/S is Windows 11 Pro version 22H2
Yes. I suggest you not using comments in the playlists that are used as a track source for Track List, at least until we release a fix that will filter out those items.

Back