Record Voice Track as mp3 cutter

pety

I restricted other users from accessing [Track Tool], because they were using it improperly and breaking the Libraries. I would need to use the [Delete before cursor] and [Delete after cursor] functions in [Voice tracking]. That's why I would like [Voice tracking] to allow accessing/opening audio files and editing them by deleting excess information at the beginning and end of the track. Is this possible?

Voice track recorder works only with raw PCM data so it's not suitable as a real audio editor. Also it can't be used instead of Start/End markers in Track Tool. When you remove something using Voice Track Editor, it's removed from the file, when you set Start/End in the playlist, it only sets the markers, but audio data is untouched and therefore it can be easily reversed or moved to different positions.

I know, Dmitry. But, we work with File Types. So, there is no need for Start - End to all tracks. So the answer is no.

Voice Track editor can't be used to edit arbitrary files, I'm sorry. If you're OK with removing audio data, you can actually use any audio editor, e.g. Audacity.

Thanks, Dmitriy !
I only use the broadcast computer for radio transmission (terrestrial and online). We have computers dedicated to audio editing production. That's why I wanted a light tool to remove the pauses at the beginning and at the end, because we receive announcements, commercials and other stuff from other stations. Then the track in question is assigned an audio file type (set file type). For what I want I will look for an alternative from other audio tool manufacturers.

That's why I wanted a light tool to remove the pauses at the beginning and at the end
I'd like to note that RadioBOSS has Gap Killer that removes silence at the beginning and end automatically.

Not good for us. We use START + END for playlist time precision.
You can use the Process Tracks feature in Music Library - it will set you Start/End markers to remove the silence automatically.

You can use the Process Tracks feature in Music Library - it will set you Start/End markers to remove the silence automatically.
Regular users do not have acces to Music Library. That's the point.

Regular users do not have acces to Music Library. That's the point.
Another option would be to have a scheduled event that updates music library automatically, it can also process tracks to set Start/End points. You can create such an event from the Music Library Tools menu.

Another option would be to have a scheduled event that updates music library automatically, it can also process tracks to set Start/End points. You can create such an event from the Music Library Tools menu.
Unfortunately, the option does not exist in version 5.7.2.0

Back