Rescan command in Scheduler? (and error handing)

dashford

Is it possible to add a rescan directory/file structure command in the Scheduler (i.e., a scheduled "F1" key stroke)?  We often remove outdated MP3s remotely (expired promos, for example) but RB occasionally tries to grab a deleted track and play it, usually resulting in a fatal error and a system restart.  (And is there a way to handle that error more elegantly?)  Thanks.

When you play non-existent track it should just write in the report
Code:
Unable to play, error code = 2"
It shouldn't result in any fatal errors let alone system restart.

Can you tell me what error message says and maybe a screenshot of it.

And a question about rescanning, where does scheduler take tracks from? Music Library?

djsoft said:
When you play non-existent track it should just write in the report
Code:
Unable to play, error code = 2"
It shouldn't result in any fatal errors let alone system restart.

Can you tell me what error message says and maybe a screenshot of it.

And a question about rescanning, where does scheduler take tracks from? Music Library?

I'm only working from the logs but here is what happens <my comments in angle brackets>

08:33:30;;"Into the Blue 30 (The Steeldrivers - kill 01-27)";"E:\incoming\Dropbox\BFR Dropbox\_Promos\Into the Blue 30 (The Steeldrivers - kill 01-27).mp3" <RB tries to play deleted track>
08:33:30;error;"Unable to play! Error code =  2 (unable to open the file/invalid server address).";
08:33:30;;"Sarah Mclachlan ? Angel ? KGSR Broadcasts Vol. 12 (2004)";"E:\music\_Various Artists\KGSR Broadcasts Vol. 12\Sarah Mclachlan-Angel.mp3" <RB starts to play next track in playlist>
08:33:31;error;"Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.";
08:33:31;error;"Program will be restarted bacause of fatal error."; <BOOM!>
08:33:35;system;Started;

Not typically -- as you see from the above we have our promos in a Dropbox folder for easy access remotely.

All right. From the first post I thought it crashed the whole Windows system... At least it handles the error properly and restarts itself.

I think it has something to do with Dropbox. Without Dropbox it just skips non-existent files and moves on. We'll check on this one.

Thanks.  I guess the term "system" can be unclear.

I should mention that the Dropbox folder we use is symbolically linked to another folder -- I believe it's the linked folder that is referenced in the Promos*1 command in the Scheduler.  So perhaps it's a symbolic link issue?  Thanks.

Most likely it's a bug in Dropbox module.
I added it to a bug tracker and soon we'll figure out  what the problem is.

You can try clicking Settings->Open Settings Folder - check if there are any bugreport_*.txt files present and send them to support@djsoft.net.

I think it would be really cool to have a rescan option for the directorys which are added to the music library :)

Scarabaea said:
I think it would be really cool to have a rescan option for the directorys which are added to the music library :)
It is planned for the future RadioBOSS 4.9.

dashford said:
I should mention that the Dropbox folder we use is symbolically linked to another folder -- I believe it's the linked folder that is referenced in the Promos*1 command in the Scheduler.  So perhaps it's a symbolic link issue?  Thanks.
We were unable to reproduce this problem. For removed files it just says the usual "Error code 2 File not found" and moves on to the next track.

If this error still occurs, please click Settings->Open Settings Folder and send bugreport_*.txt files to support@djsoft.net

Back