Scheduler

I suggest to make more playlists wich start at specific hour as EVENT in Scheduler. That's becouse from Thursday until Saturday is possible to have a PC crash or any other crash. I usually work with playlists by four hours and in general settings is activated "Resume Playlist". Unfortunately right now RB 4.9.0.11 has a "Resume Playlist" bug.

indieradionetwork said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm, that could be possible.
Do you have specific productions wich start at specific time ? Some Meditations or News etc., etc.

@ indieradionetwork

At my job (http://rvesb.ro) I make playlists by 1 hour and I load them in Scheduler at the right time, like in image. Do you want something like that ?

Attachments

• scheduler_rvesb.png
    scheduler_rvesb.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 482
I just need a way where I could insert my after dark playlist and have it start at a certain time and end at a certain time and have my daytime playlist take over.

indieradionetwork said:
I just need a way where I could insert my after dark playlist and have it start at a certain time and end at a certain time and have my daytime playlist take over.
O.K.
Take your time and study all these steps:

Step 1 :
http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_playlist_generator_pro.htm

Step 2 :
http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduling_playback.htm

Step 3 :
http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/automatic_playlist_generation.htm

After that you will be able to make any simple or sofisticated Schedule.

It is recommended to make the playlist a litle bit large. If it has 16 hours, make it by 17.

Why ?

Sometimes a co-worker (you, also) can delete a track from the folder, but in the playlist the track stil remains. RadioBOSS find that the track is not in it's location and playes the next track, BUT that means that your playlist is shorter with 3-6 minutes. If there are more then one track missing, than your playlist is cuted with the sum of missing time of the tracks.

So, make the playlist larger.

My After Dark playlist currently is at 15 and a half hours.  I don't run all 15 because at a certain time during the day, people work, so they want cleaner music, so I set it for so many tracks and when I did that, it counted it at 12 hours.  The more music I get, I'll adjust the number of tracks.

indieradionetwork said:
My After Dark playlist currently is at 15 and a half hours.  I don't run all 15 because at a certain time during the day, people work, so they want cleaner music, so I set it for so many tracks and when I did that, it counted it at 12 hours.  The more music I get, I'll adjust the number of tracks.
Nice, indeed. Do you work with Library too? Library works faster then *.m3u or *.m3u8 playlists.

indieradionetwork said:
RadioBOSS can start a playlist for you at specified time - use Scheduler to do it. Make sure the playlist is long enough to fill a time frame.

There are several ways to end a playlist: start another track/playlist/URL/... - just create another event which will start another playlist. If you want to just stop playback - create an event with stop command.

Dmitry, I just set up my playlists in the generator and I have it open the whole folder, then I only have it select so many tracks for that playlist, then I generate it and it will tell me how long it is.

My daytime playlist I don't run on a schedule mainly because it runs 7 days a week.  The After Dark runs from 7pm to 7am Thursday through Saturday, so that one I put in the scheduler and it shuts off at 7am to switch to the daytime, then on Sunday through Wednesday, the daytime schedule runs 24/7

indieradionetwork said:
The one problem I'm going to face with the night time playlist is that it's going to be longer than the time slot.
It's not a problem - you should have an event which starts a day time playlist.

Back