Sort search results

IgorPobi

How exactly working the options Sort search results?
As you can see in the picture, the option is enabled, the search is set by the artist, entered the word 'Dave' and the result is not sorted ....

Thanks !

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 273
Please click on one of the columns to sort the list, all future searches will also become sorted by the same column.

Hm, what is the difference between on or off option "Sort search results (slow)" ?
I thought that when this option is active, the search result is automatically sorted by the field specified in the "Search in". combo box.

If this option is active, it will sort each search result by the same column you have sorted. If it's turned off, then no sorting is done.

Ok thanks ! Can you add options to auto sort search result with selected field in combo box ?
For now search is not optimal:
1) Select search field
2) Click on header to sort column
3) Enter text.

IgorPobi said:
Ok thanks ! Can you add options to auto sort search result with selected field in combo box ?
For now search is not optimal:
1) Select search field
2) Click on header to sort column
3) Enter text.
You need to do 2) Click on header to sort column only once - subsequent searches will be sorted by this column automatically. If you want search column to be changed when you change the search field, then yes, you'll have to change the sort direction manually. I'm not sure if this should be changed though... In most cases the search  is sorted by artist or title and is not changed.

Ok thanks but .....
For test, make hand playlist of 12 hours searching through the few song by title and by artist.
My clients are just everyday frustrated with this kind of search and continually me to complain. The problem is that all the previous programs (and some current programs we use) usually after selection fields for searching, immediately automatically set and sort by the specified field.. People have got used to them and now it's a big problem because RadioBOSS it works different, unusual.

Your explanation makes sense. I added this to the feature request list, it should be implemented in one of the next updates.

Back