Stream with external audio mixer

Hi!
Can i stream with an external audio mixer with RadioBoss?
So the integrated RadioBoss shoutcast stream encoder should stream the audio signal from the soundcard LineIn.
Can i do this?
If yes, how must i set the settings?
THANKS!

We have RadioCaster (http://www.djsoft.net/enu/radiocaster_details.htm) software dedicated for this purpose.

But you can also configure RB to do it:
- open Settings->Microphone/Line.In and for LINE.IN select the sound card input you want to use for encoding
- configure broadcasting encoders on Broadcasting tab and close Settings window
- click Playlist->Add Line.In, click OK, under the playlist press the "Repeat track" button
- double-click "line.in" in the playlist

Hi!

I found a professional Radio Automation should also work with an external audio mixing board, or?
Is there planed anyting in future?
I found that was great and RadioBoss a perfekt Automation for small and big Radios  ;D

An external encoder like radiocaster i found not so perfect.
E.g. I can not start and stop with scheduler?

THANKS!

Hi Dmitry  :)

Have tested it with the LINE.IN method, but that is not good.
I can streaming about the external mixer, but i can not play music with RadioBoss.

My question would be  :)
It would be possible in future, that on the main page is a selection button where you can select,
that the encoder is streaming the signal of RadioBoss or the signal from soundcards LineIn-input?

So if i click on the " external Button" for external signal, about LineIn, i can stream all about an external signal, and if i click on the "internal Button" all runs about the full automatic RadioBoss?

Would this not be possible to integrate?
I found this a great idea, or not  :)

You're right, RadioCaster doesn't have a scheduler. Probably it will be added in the future versions.

Regarding broadcasting with mixer, please give more details on what you're trying to achieve. I believe there's a solution for this.

Hi Dmitry!
Have created a screenshot how I want to make this :)

So if on the Encoder RB is green, all is normal and runs full automaticle about RadioBoss, as it is now.

But if you switch on LINE IN, the encoder stream the signal from soundcard LINE IN.
So i can make a live broadcasting program, can play the music with RadioBoss as player, can prelisten, can use my microphone, and other external sources.

When the live program is finished, i switch RadioBoss to the RB mode, and the radio automation is player with all RadioBoss features :)

Hope this describes my wishes  ;)

THANK YOU  :)

Attachments

• Screenshot01.jpg
    Screenshot01.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,010
OK. How do you want to switch between Music and Line.In? Manually or using scheduler?

That's easy. you can have Line.In in the Temp playlist and music in Main. When you need to play music - start in in the main playlist, when you decide to stream Line.In - switch to Temp and start Line.In there.

How can i activate Line.In for Temp playlist?

But if i do so, i can not use my external audiomixer, speak about the microphone on the mixer and use RadioBoss for playing music about the audiomixer.

With your solution i can stream about the audiomixer, or use RadioBoss full automaticle, but i can not use the audiomixer for my signals, and use RadioBoss as audioplayer and simultaneously as stream encoder, or?

lukass2000 said:
How can i activate Line.In for Temp playlist?
Open the Temp playlist and double-click on Line.in

lukass2000 said:
But if i do so, i can not use my external audiomixer, speak about the microphone on the mixer and use RadioBoss for playing music about the audiomixer.
As mixer connected to sound card's line input, it will be picked up by RadioBoss and will be streamed.

lukass2000 said:
With your solution i can stream about the audiomixer, or use RadioBoss full automaticle, but i can not use the audiomixer for my signals, and use RadioBoss as audioplayer and simultaneously as stream encoder, or?
Stream encoding is always active no matter what is being played in RB.

Sorry, but i don?t understand how can i find in the Temp playlist a Line.in to double click?

Did you mean the Playlist, how can i see in RadioBoss MAIN, TEMP, +?

There are 2 playlists by default, called Main and Temp. Functionally they are identical. Also you can add as many playlists as you want/need (click "+" button). See the screenshot.

So you can keep music in Main, and when needed, play LINE.IN from Temp.

Attachments

• 19.01.png
    19.01.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 690
Yes, i understand this :)

then i do in TEMP playlist , what you said above:
- click Playlist->Add Line.In, click OK, under the playlist press the "Repeat track" button
- double-click "line.in" in the playlist

Now i have in TEMP playlist a Line ...<SYSTEM> - LINE INPUT...
If i double click on this, RadioBoss stream the Signal from soundcards LineIn which is connectet with my external mixer.

But if i now will play music and i click on MAIN playlist and double click a track, plays that song, and this will also be streamed.
But i can nothing do with my external mixer, e.g. speak about the microphone.

So i must click on TEMP playlist, double click on ...<SYSTEM> - LINE INPUT... and can speak and play musik from external equipment about the external mixer.

But i can not combinate -> Play Musik in RadioBoss -> signal from soundcard output to external mixer -> signal from external mixer to soundcard LINE.IN -> stream about RadioBoss encoder :(

All right. I thought you needed to switch between Line.IN and music.

To use them together:
- open Settings->Microphone/Line.IN
- for Line.IN change the driver, eg. select ASIO or anything else, this is needed to clear the device setting: Line.In won't be used anymore
- for MIC Button select the input where you have the mixer connected (the one you used for Line.in)
- make sure "Push-To-Talk" and "Disable local mic playback" boxes are not checked
- move "Mic amp" and "Music Level" sliders to 0dB
- click OK

Now when you press the MIC button (the button located at the bottom right) the mixer will be streamed. You can play the music and it will be mixed with the sound card's input.

Hope this helps.

Hi!

Have testet now :)
If i click now on the MIC Botton i can stream the signal from extern audio mixer.
But if i start tracks in RadioBoss i hear quietly this song and simultaneously from audio mixer.
Can not separate the signal :(

Open Settings->Microphone/Line.In
If you want to hear song played in RB - set the "Music level" to 0 dB. If you want to mute the song while MIC is pressed, set Music Level to -60 dB.

Hi Dmitry!

That does not work, no chance :(
Have now tested everything.
I can not use RadioBoss as a pure player and use the encoder to stream at the same time with the external mixer :(

It works with only the mixing board and RadioBoss is only the stream encoder from LineIn, but in extremely poor quality :(
But if i starts the RB players, i hear only these or i change the settings how you say, than i hear nothing :(

Now i have tested more then 11 hours, and will I say now, that does not work with this solution :(

Is it not possibility in a future version, to integrate an encoder function in RadioBOSS, so can be addressed separately soundcards LineIn, as an external encoder?
Would like to wait for this feature  ;D

Greetings :)

When you press the MIC button you should hear the mixer in your speakers - do you?

lukass2000 said:
Is it not possibility in a future version, to integrate an encoder function in RadioBOSS, so can be addressed separately soundcards LineIn, as an external encoder?
RadioCaster is the software for this purpose.
An example on how to setup this, so RadioCaster encodes Line.In and RadioBOSS's playback to a single stream:

1. In Windows Control Panel click Sound, select Recording tab, double-click Line Input (the input you have connected mixer to). Properties window will open, select Listen, put a checkmark on Listen to this device. Select the same playback device which is used in RadioBOSS for playback. (pic.1)

2. Open RadioBOSS, open Settings -> Playback. Make sure it plays to the same device as selected on step 1 (pic.2)

3. Download and install RadioCaster.

4. Start RadioCaster, open Settings, select to capture playback from the same sound card as selected on steps 1 and 2. (pic.3). Click OK to close settings window. Setup all encoders (the same way as you did in RB). Also turn off Broadcasting in RadioBOSS.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 610
  • 2.png
    2.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 621
  • 3.png
    3.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 596
When you press the MIC button you should hear the mixer in your speakers - do you?
Yes that works so :)

But if i start a track in RadioBoss i hear both, the signal from the external mixer and also directly from RadioBoss.
So if i play a track, i can not fade in and out to e.g. speak about the mircophone from the external Mixer.

The solution with RadioCaster is okay, but i cannot start/stop encoding about Radioboss scheduler, or?

Back