Why Do I Have + signs in the Title of Song

Those "+" signs are likely to be in file's tags, software reads it and displays as it is.
If you post a screenshot probably I'll tell you more about this problem and solution.

Now playing: Solid+Rock,+Jesus+Changed+My+Heart,+1979,+Change+of+Heart (Online)

That is what it looks like on my stream page. I don't know how to post a page in this forum.

It looks like this only on the web page? How does it look in RadioBOSS's playlist window?

Check Shoutcast server logs - are the names broken there?
For me it looks like a problem on a web site. When URL's are encoded all spaces are converted to "+" signs, that could be a cause in your case.

Current Song: Kim+Hill,+Change+Your+Heart,+1988,+Kim+Hill

That is what it looks like on the Shoutcast page. Not sure what you mean by shoutcast server logs.

The logs page looks like this-
Played @ Song Title
18:30:58 Kim+Hill,+Change+Your+Heart,+1988,+Kim+Hill Current Song
18:26:48 Kim+Hill,+Black+Shirts,+1988,+Kim+Hill
18:23:02 Will+McFarlane,+Heart+Of+Stone,+1984,+A+Colony+Of+Heaven
18:20:12 Will+McFarland,+Carry+On+Soldier,+,+Right+From+The+Start
18:16:26 Geoff+Moore,+Never+Wanna+Go+Back,+1986,+The+Distance
18:12:41 The+Choir,+Fear+Only+You,+1986,+Diamonds+and+Rain
18:09:08 Sweet+Comfort+Band,+Feel+Like+Singin',+1981,+Hearts+Of+Fire
18:06:13 Sweet+Comfort+Band,+It's+So+Fine+(Soul+Tune+Boogie),+1977,+Sweet+Comfort
18:02:33 Steve+Camp,+Run+To+The+Battle,+,+For+Every+Man
17:58:55 SpiritN3D,+Great-Almighty,+,+These+Three+Nails

Are you using your own Shoutcast server or it's another company's services?
What version of shoutcast it is - v1 or v2?

hymnsinger said:
i am using ICastCenter.com for my server and it is shoutcast 1.
I think you should contact their support regarding this issue.
Quick test on Shoutcast v1 (1.9.8) didn't confirm a problem...

Hi Dmitry. I asked my server about it and he said it not their servers that are causing the problem. Then he added to completely delete the encoder and start from scratch. What does that mean? What do you think?

Hi Dmitry, apparently I had the button for Alternative Method For Shoutcast Title on. When I turned it off so far the songs do not have the + signs.

hymnsinger said:
Hi Dmitry, apparently I had the button for Alternative Method For Shoutcast Title on. When I turned it off so far the songs do not have the + signs.
Good, I'm glad the issue got resolved. Why did you turn on that option by the way?

At least not we know that "alternative method" doesn't work fine... It will be either fixed or removed. Thanks for pointing this out.

Back