(Stand Alone) Playlist Generator

dave-t

Would it be worth considering having Playlist Generator Pro as a stand alone application which could be developed independantly of RB?

Regards

Dave

Why would you need it?

It used to be a standalone program, but it wasn't very good... Users have to download 2 apps to update. Now everything is installed from one package, which is convenient.

Personally I would like to run it on a seperate PC (along with the Musical Database) so as to reduce the overhead on the "playout" system.

I would have also thought it would be easier in development terms to work on seperate applications.

Was just thinking out loud  :)

Regards

Dave

If PLAYLIST GENERATOR PRO is used as independent app, then it can be used as sofisticated playlist gen for others players (but not RB) without pay for it.

My opinion is that PGPro MUST be in one package with RB, and to be dependent of registration key (sic).

I didn't try... does work PGPro after trial period gone ?

dave-t said:
I would have also thought it would be easier in development terms to work on seperate applications.
It wouldn't speed up things. Program is developed in modules, so it's not a problem to split development process across several developers :)

Nothing prevents you on using PL Gen on another computer though - just install RadioBOSS and you'll have playlist generator and music library there.

pety said:
My opinion is that PGPro MUST be in one package with RB, and to be dependent of registration key (sic).

I didn't try... does work PGPro after trial period gone ?
It's using the same licensing scheme as RadioBOSS does - they share the same key. It will stop working after RB trial period is over (at least it's supposed to... the feature is implemented but can be turned off for now because PL Gen is still a beta-version).

If RB can be installed on 2 computers with 1 license that solves my problem  ;D

Regards

Dave

dave-t said:
If RB can be installed on 2 computers with 1 license that solves my problem  ;D
Yes, it's mentioned here: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,2712.msg7589.html#msg7589

Back