Very, very good improvements

P

pety

I am very pleased about some improvements made in RB 4.7.6.0

First of all I want to say thanks to Dmitry and RB Team.

Very important for me and my co-workers at RVE SB is Playcount from Search Panel.
Also posibilities to set a name for Time pause... - great!
I believed that you forget about URL name... but you didn't. Man, that's cool.

I tested Line.IN to my laptop and it works. I'll check it to XP SP3 soon.

Thanks again !

RB looks and play from better to better

Thank you! There's one issue with Playcount - program won't read it until the track is displayed on a screen. So if your search result is 1000 tracks and you want to sort them and find the most/less played - it won't work right... It's because reading playcount info is CPU-consuming, so program tries to optimize it. This will be improved in the future updates.

djsoft said:
Thank you! There's one issue with Playcount - program won't read it until the track is displayed on a screen. So if your search result is 1000 tracks and you want to sort them and find the most/less played - it won't work right... It's because reading playcount info is CPU-consuming, so program tries to optimize it. This will be improved in the future updates.
Thanks for warning. Anyway it is better than nothing  :)

Maybe this will be solved in future when Music Library will have categories. With categories the number of selected tracks will be smallest.

great new function playcont!, the categories are very important to us.
We selected music files. m3u, currently to select music (top40, pop, etc), we are constantly copying and pasting songs the lists auxiliary to the main air.

Errors Detected:
When language is Spanish, click: edit-> "Dejar s?lamente archivos seleccionados" the program restarts.
Another error: to move the divider plugins records and get to see text below Interfas (see picture).
(this does not happen when using the English language).
I see many fixes in the interface lately, but there is a problem that has me tired:
by maximizing the log viewer program returns to the original position.
when using a negative gain volume, forward or rewind a song in the back by a second volume to zero.
Otherwise, I have read that you can edit crossfader on the track being played, if this is so, does not work.
Thanks

Attachments

• img.png
    img.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 593
"Category" is a pretty abstract term. I've checked the request list, and there's one entry which could be related: "use multiple music libraries for search".
There are some other search-related requests - "additional filters" for example.
Well, any comments regarding this are appreciated. Maybe it'll be added in the RB 4.8.

nelson c said:
When language is Spanish, click: edit-> "Dejar s?lamente archivos seleccionados" the program restarts.
Just checked it and no problem here. Please tell more about this: what you have in the playlist, what is selected.
Click Settings->Open Settings Folder and send a bug report from there.

nelson c said:
Another error: to move the divider plugins records and get to see text below Interfas (see picture).
(this does not happen when using the English language).
This is not reproduced too. I think you should restart the computer. Strange errors like this are usually gone after restart.

nelson c said:
I see many fixes in the interface lately, but there is a problem that has me tired:
by maximizing the log viewer program returns to the original position.
Yes, the fix for this was planned, but didn't make it into this release. Expect it soon.

nelson c said:
when using a negative gain volume, forward or rewind a song in the back by a second volume to zero.
If song started to fade out, it will fade out even if you move the playback position out of the song end.
It's not a bug... I don't see a scenario when you'll need to change position of a track like this while on air.

nelson c said:
Otherwise, I have read that you can edit crossfader on the track being played, if this is so, does not work.
It's not yet added. It is implemented, but tests shown that it has some bugs, so it goes for the next version.

djsoft said:
"Category" is a pretty abstract term. I've checked the request list, and there's one entry which could be related: "use multiple music libraries for search".
There are some other search-related requests - "additional filters" for example.
Well, any comments regarding this are appreciated. Maybe it'll be added in the RB 4.8.
is exactly that, in this post, there was a discussion on the subject:
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,2958.msg9238.html#msg9238

Thanks for reference. That's what already on the list, so expect this feature to be added.

restart the pc, and the error that causes crashes hard RB was solved, but now I see text below the buttons (that appeared in the 4.7.5 update), however it is a mistake "aesthetic" that does nothing to program functionality.

Attachments

• RB.png
    RB.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 641
nelson c said:
restart the pc, and the error that causes crashes hard RB was solved, but now I see text below the buttons (that appeared in the 4.7.5 update), however it is a mistake "aesthetic" that does nothing to program functionality.
That's still very strange. The text should be where it's supposed to be. I advice you to perform antivirus check on your computer. Strange things like this could be caused by viruses.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
That's still very strange. The text should be where it's supposed to be. I advice you to perform antivirus check on your computer. Strange things like this could be caused by viruses.
It looks OK in my laptop.

Attachments

• looksOK.png
    looksOK.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 640
pety said:
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
It looks OK in my laptop.
@ pety: gently move the log splitter and you can see behind the text.

I analyzed my pc with antivirus and detected nothing, then I tried with another pc and the problem is also present. Steps to reproduce the error are:
1 - Set Spanish (after this all seems to work well)
2 - restart RadioBOSS
3 - text disappears "snap-in"
then this may be noted that the text that says "add input" backbeat text appears when you move the log viewer.

another topic, when you are browsing a long list in the finder, the new playcont function generates an additional complicating the search, perhaps a solution would be to charge the playcont the list after this "quiet".

I would like to report another bug, sometimes when editing fields and artist name, pressing save all information is deleted from the file

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 631
  • 2.png
    2.png
    231.6 KB · Views: 688
@nelson

I tried! Nothing wrong in GUI.
I did set in Spanish, saved seting restarted but works fine.

What I observed is that from laptop (win7) RB do not keep it's settings. All the time I have to set Main Sound. That is strange.

pety said:
On your screenshot here it doesn't look completely right: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3093.msg9865.html#msg9865
The text "Input plugins" is missing.

pety said:
What I observed is that from laptop (win7) RB do not keep it's settings. All the time I have to set Main Sound. That is strange.
It doesn't keep thesound card setting, or all settins are reset to defaults after restart?

djsoft said:
pety said:
On your screenshot here it doesn't look completely right: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3093.msg9865.html#msg9865
The text "Input plugins" is missing.

pety said:
It doesn't keep thesound card setting, or all settins are reset to defaults after restart?
First item : you are right, my mistake indeed.

Second item : I think that is happened when I change the Language and it is about the Sound.

Back