RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsoft

Staff member
RadioBOSS 4.8 beta

What's New:
  • Events can be started by DTMF signal. The signal is checked on the line input (configured vis Settings->Microphone/Line.In->LINE.IN).
    In the event properties check "DTMF" and set the sequence, eg. "764C".
  • Automatic time announcements
  • Added second work zone which can contain Search, File expolorer, Cart wall or Web browser. It can be shown/hidden via menu: View->Work Zones->1 or 2 or using hot keys Ctrl+1/Ctrl+2
  • Search feature extended: now it can search in different music libraries
  • Added button to check for updates: Help->Check for Updates * it's not supposed to work with beta version
  • Added a setting to change font used in Player window (Settings->View->Window font) and font setting used to display countdown timers under the On Air box
  • Added ability to move tabs in work zones
  • Added new commands: "streamarchive on" and "streamarchive off" to turn on and off stream recording
  • Playlist Generator Pro can be launched from command line (details below)
  • Mouse drag-n-drop for categories and playlist structure in Playlist Generator Pro
  • Added Text-To-Speech feature (details below)
  • Improved network streams playback (now program reconnects in case of error)
  • Improvements in Adverticement Scheduler module
  • Improved "Add command..." feature (Playlist menu)
  • Improved "Restart program if it crashes or hangs" feature
  • Fixed performance issue in Music Library when loading large libraries (100k+ tracks)
  • Fixed performance issue in Playlist Generator Pro when generating with "Read additional info" option
  • Fixed an error when program failed to start on some systems
  • Fixed large number of bugs + numerous overall improvements

License key:
To request free beta tester license key, please send an e-mail to sales@djsoft.net (use "RadioBOSS 4.8 beta" subject).
The free key expires March 30, 2013.
If you're a registered user, please use the key you have.

Beta testing is over, no more keys for RadioBOSS 4.8 beta are issued.

Download
RadioBOSS 4.8 beta: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.8.0.10_beta.exe (12/19/2012, 19Mb)

Please post any bugs or requests in this topic. Anyone who contributed would get a significant discount - starting from 30% and up to 100% when the final version is released. Please contact sales@djsoft.net regarding the discount.

Utility to detect DTMF in files: http://dl.djsoft.net/DTMFChecker.zip
How to use: press a button and select a file (mp3, wav, ogg), program will start its playback and show found DTMF's and postitions in the log.

Playlist Generator Pro command-line parameters

Usage: PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe -preset=PRESET -out=PLAYLIST

Options:
-preset= specifies preset name
-out= specifies file name where generated playlist will be saved (should be full path with .m3u8 extension)

Example:
PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe -preset=MyPreset -out=C:\playlist.m3u8

Text To Speech feature can be used to say any text. While it's not for professional radio stations, there are many situations when it can be useful, eg parties, fun radio stations, etc :) It can also say current time and day.

Syntax: TTS=+N;text
+N (or -N) is talk speed, can be from -9 to +9. Zero must have a sign too (either + or -).
text - a text you want program to speak. Can contain XML tags as described here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms717077(v=vs.85).aspx and hour/minute/day macro:
%h - hour
%m - minute
%s - second
%D - day
%M - month
%dw - week day

Example:
TTS=+1;<EMPH>it's %dw %Dth of %M the time is %h hours and %m minutes thank you for listening our cool radio</EMPH>
(this command can be inserted to the scheduler event's Filename field).

Time files naming for automatic time announcement
* hour files should have "h" in their name and number (2 digits) - hr_05.mp3 is a file for "it's 5" (you can also name it h05.mp3 - it will work too). Hour files which have "o" in name are used for exact hour: hr_05o.mp3 should say "it's 5 o'clock", minutes are not said in this case.
* minute files should have "m" in their name and number (2 digits) - m_56.mp3 for "56".
* files should be in the folder itself, no subfolders

Hello, first congratulations for the new version.  :)
the two windows are very useful on widescreen monitors.

I sent an email bug.

I have a doubt, the new function of multiple databases is very useful me, but I have a problem:
I have lists armed. m3u and would make them. xml to use in the search.
Music Library not support import from. M3u. I fix this?. there any programs on the market that do this conversion?. thanks

Thanks for the bug report.

Regarding m3u import, I think it will be added in the music library.

Hi,

Just tried the DTMF signal as a triger but could not get it working. I tried on my test machine hat is a physical PC.
Tried to play it through the microphone first then using a file generated by Audacity directly. But it did not start the task.

Anyway what I want to achive is to trigger an event that will send different audio to different encoders. ie to have a regular program but during the ad break I want to send different audio content to the various encoders. How can I achive that?
From my understanding so far this is not really possible, is it ?
Maybe I need to do that:

1 - Running in a Windows session the "main" stream including audio tracks containing DTMF signals.

2 - Running as many RB in separate Windows sessions. Each RB has a single encoder. Each RB are receiving the main audio stream and when they ear (detect) a DTMF signal in the main stream it triggers an event that plays the Ad Break dedicated to that encoder.

This seems a bit complicated but can be setup.

The main issue here is that I need RB to "listen" to the audio stream it is receiving. How to do that ? Just to remind you there is no sound card on the virtual machine running RB.
Other question would RB be able to detect DTMF within the audio content ?

Christian

Please send a sample you've used to support@djsoft.net, we'll check it.

Regarding your setup, it looks fine to me. Detecting DTMF in the conteng (eg a stream) is nt yet possible, but there were other requests to add it, so I think it will be added.

It's a great improvement Multiple Music Library.

I do not know about DTMF. What for is it? Thanks!

Hope to help you to find a lot of bugs.

Thanks again for Multiple Music Library

I finally make it working on my PC.
I am using a virtual sound card (Virtual Audio Cable software) to simulate a virtual machine without soundcard. I could trigger the event from playing DTMF from within Audacity.
I also mixed the DTMF signal with a musical background and RB can detect it if the music is not too loud.
I thing I can mix the DTMF over a "sweep" at the end of a jingle to trigger advertissement. DTMF does sound a bit strange when listening to the radio so I need to figure out a way of "hiding" it somewhere at the end of a jingle.
I think I can make it on a virtual machine running one RB as a master and several RB as "slave", I will try that tomorrow.

Christian

congratulation Dimitry for new version i havent forget u of updating language but was very very busy in real life :( i will soon updated .i havent tried yet 4.8beta .I have a request can u make a case in upper for repeat random manuel etc for playlist useful thanks and remove repeat this big button from downpage of radioboss

greetings

Congratulation and thank you for this new and great version.
DTMF detection works fine. I can triger an event from within a track that is being played in RB. So I think I have all the ingredients to setup a master/slave configuration.
Just for info here is the file I am using to trigger the event : http://podcast.clubbingstation.com/podcast/RB_DTMF_final.mp3
The DTMF used is 12345. I will try with a two digit only so it will be less audible.

That would just be great to add an option to enable detection from within RB directly and not Line-In so I would not have to setup Virtual Audio Cable as the Ouput Device from one end and as Line-in at the other end.

There will only be a master RB playing generic program and on schedule a jingle that includes a DTMF code to trigger ad breaks.
I will have to run as many slave RB as required. Each of them will stream the audio received by the master and when the DTMF code is played it will trigger an event on each slave RB to play local Ad file or Ad playlist  and to switch back to main audio stream from the master.

Christian
http://clubbingstation.com

Christian said:
I also mixed the DTMF signal with a musical background and RB can detect it if the music is not too loud.
Yes, DTMF should be louder than the average sound level, otherwise there will be too many false detections.

Christian said:
I thing I can mix the DTMF over a "sweep" at the end of a jingle to trigger advertissement. DTMF does sound a bit strange when listening to the radio so I need to figure out a way of "hiding" it somewhere at the end of a jingle.
RB detects DTMF only on one channel (left).
(Theoretically) On stereo stream it should be possible to mutually subtract the DTMF if right channel has the same DTMF signal in counterphase.

Joshua said:
When i set PTT don't can the mic-button push. Without PTT is ok.
When using PTT you should hold the MIC button while you talking.

pety said:
I do not know about DTMF. What for is it? Thanks!
It's used to trigger events not based on time, but basen on DTMF labels instead. Useful in some cases when you, for instance, retransmit other station and need to substitute Adverticement blocks with your own.
Here's what Wikipedia has to say about DTMF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual-tone_multi-frequency_signaling

pety said:
Hope to help you to find a lot of bugs.
I hope there won't be much bugs as usual. Currently the developments are done on a less features=>more quality principle :)

charbel said:
I have a request can u make a case in upper for repeat random manuel etc for playlist useful thanks and remove repeat this big button from downpage of radioboss
You can turn off the unneeded buttons in Settings->Controls. Regarding upper-case... I don't think it's a change that needs to be done. You can open language files and change it as you need though :)

Christian said:
I will try with a two digit only so it will be less audible.
I woudn't advice that. It greatly increases a change of a false detection - music can contain DTMF frequencies as well... 4-6 digits is more reliable. You can make DTMF tones shorter, like in the file attached.

Attachments

• 7357.mp3
    161.4 KB · Views: 1,343
I do not have any experience with DTMF but now I am very happy that I CAN SEE :)
Great improvemenet with Window Font Size and Multiple Music Library. That is wonderful. Thanks Dmitry.

In Control - Information Tab - is a problem when I increase font size with the input text boxes.
In FX tab maybe the buttons shoud be auto-size.

Attachments

• input_boxes.png
    input_boxes.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,586
  • FX_txt_buttons.png
    FX_txt_buttons.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,618
  • input_boxes2.png
    input_boxes2.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,641
I would like increase Countdown clock font size to 14. But when I do that there is a problem.
If you can fix that I'll be very happy.

Attachments

• clock_font.png
    clock_font.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,670
RB 4.8.0.0 (beta) works on DWG Radio Romania. That means that instalation was good (Win 7 Ultimate).

4.8 is working fine on my computer!  :)  [4.7.7.1  crashed on startup]

I still have a lot to learn as I just got started trying RadioBOSS last week..  I will get at poking around and do my best to help with the beta testing.

DTMF - interesting.. we use that for system control etc in amateur radio..

If you have anything specific you need tested..  I'm an old retired radio guy so have time to play. I was involved with both on air and technical. My use for RadioBOSS is for my low power hobby station. I have no streaming at this time and noting is  critical, so I can play around with testing and trying new things. For some of us radio gets in your blood or what ever and so I like to keep a hand in this..  ;)

Thanks - Casey

Hey djsoft

how is it coming along with the .ogg chained title stuff on radioboss

how much longer until thats added on radioboss just curious

and keep up the great work on radioboss

Hello Dmitry:

I think I forgot to preload buffer for streaming. When will it be added?

On the other hand I also support the DTMF detection in streaming. :)

pety said:
RB 4.8.0.0 (beta) works on DWG Radio Romania. That means that instalation was good (Win 7 Ultimate).
Wow! It's risky using beta version in production :) I'm glad it's working good now.

Casey
Thanks for taking part in testing. There's nothing specific that needs to be tested... the whole program should be. Everything can be improved, and that's what we're working on here. Any suggestions are welcome!

bobby
Chained OGG (and FLAC) is not a priority task right now. But I'll see what I can do about it.

nelson c said:
I think I forgot to preload buffer for streaming. When will it be added?
It's in the queue, so will be added at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back