Mass Tag Editor

dave-t

Hi

Can anyone reccomend a mass tag editor/file re-name utility to process large numbers of MP3/m4a/ALAC/FLAC files?

I've used MP3Tag many years ago: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
But it has some problems, eg. it doesn't read m4a tags for some files... Probably you should look for something better.

By the way, for the file you've sent regarding Cover problem, this software shows that ID3v2 tag is corrupted. So I think it's not RB problem - it's a bug in the software you used to edit the tags.

Sadly I agree that the application I am using seems to be at fault. It is a great shame as it is the best one I have found.

thanks for the update

Dave

It only seems to affect MP3 files and then only the album artwork, track No and year.

Is there a possibility that RB could find a work around?

Dave

Yes, there's incorrect Id3v2 frame size specified making it unable to read cover frame ("APIC") and all frames after that.

The workaround would be not to edit tags in RB for those files... It's not that convenient, but I don't see any other solution for now.
Another from RB point of view is not to read the tag at all and prevent changing it. This is how Foobar player behaves: "Could not update item (Unsupported format or corrupted file)" - this message appears when I try changing the tag.

Have you tried contacting TagTuner developers regarding this? It shouldn't take them much time to fix. You can give them a link to this post, it gives enough info on what they should fix.

More tagging woes  ???

I am in the process of re-building my PC after a hard disc crash and have just installed iTunes and noticed it has been updated to V11.0.0.163

Ripping CD's via iTunes has never caused me a problem before but when I move the files out of iTunes and add them to the RadioBOSS music library it is not reading the tags correctly

The file tags look fine if I right click and look at properties but RB is not seeing all the details ????

I have emailed a couple of files from this CD rip

I think that it is quite probable that iTunes have changed their tagging system ???

Regards

Dave

Attachments

• RB4.PNG
    RB4.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 568
Yes, from the two files you've sent, one reading fine, while another has incorrectly specified tag version (2 instead of 3). In the next RB update it will read those files too.

Many thanks

It is a mystery to me why Apple would write the tags for the first file it rips from the CD in one version and the remaining files it rips from the same CD in another version ??

Bizarre  ???

Back