Additional Scheduler Option

BigMark

I know I'm overwhelming you with all this but when I use a program I get very passionate about it if I like it and with RadioBoss I love it!! So when there is an opportunity to be part of the growth I get behind it 100%.

Another feature I'd like to see in the scheduler is the option to also schedule by TRACKS PLAYED. So basically the same set up just play random track from folder every 25 songs. This way you can predict your spacing a little better especially if you're like me I have commercials, promos, station ID, CALL LETTERS, daily inspiration messages (Done by my Mom  :D ) so that's a lot to have running into each other and playing back to back at times.

Just a thought,

Thanks

It's possible to pick random track from a folder: add a new scheduler event, click the Wizard button, select "Play one track from playlist/folder", then follow the instructions.

This feature will try to take all tracks from a folder (without repeats) and also pick up any new tracks you add to the folder.

Yes I understand that part, but in addition to that (in the future) I'd like the same thing just with the option to choose a track from a folder (AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF SONGS HAVE BEEN PLAYED) So the scheduler can be set to activate a command after 20 songs, od after 10 songs have player play a random track from this folder/playlist/time stamp which ever you want just after so many songs have been played.

Thanks

You can do a similar thing using the "Repeat every ... minutes" feature. If you average track duration is 5 minutes, and you want something to be played every 10 songs, then repeat interval should be set to 50 minutes.
Let me know what you think about it.

Yes that's what I'm doing now it's just seems easier then tying to find a work-around but I understand it's easier said then done.  Just thought I would put it out there since that's what this post is for.

Thanks

BigMark said:
Yes that's what I'm doing now it's just seems easier then tying to find a work-around but I understand it's easier said then done.  Just thought I would put it out there since that's what this post is for.
You're right - repeating something "every N songs" is not that easy - for example, we shouldn't count jingles, station ids and other things like this as songs. Another question is how to count line.in and network streams... I think it's better to use repeat feature as it is for now :)

Back