Using Winamp DSP plugins in RadioBOSS

djsoft

Staff member
How to use Winamp DSP plugins in RadioBOSS.

Almost any Winamp DSP plugin can be used with RadioBOSS. This example show how set up StereoTool plugin (http://www.stereotool.com/).

1. Download the plugin: http://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp_stereo_tool_installer.exe

2. Run the installer (dsp_stereo_tool_installer.exe) and install it to any custom folder, eg. C:\StereoTool
wdsp1.png

3. Run RadioBOSS. Select FX tab on the left.
wdsp2.png

4. Click the "+" button to add a new DSP.

5. Click "open plugins folder" link to open the plugins folder
wdsp5.png

6. Copy dsp_stereo_tool.dll from C:\StereoTool to that folder.

7. Check the "Winamp DSP Plug-ins" checkbox - you'll see Stereo Tool in the list.
wdsp3.png

8. Select the Stereo Tool plugin in the list and click OK.

9. Turn on the plugin in the DSP list. Stereo Tool configuration window will appear.
wdsp4.png

I usually get static issues when I try to run StereoTool, probably because of my system/latency issues (it happened on SAM, too).  I was wondering what RB users tend to use to sound best with RB, and if anybody knows, what the best enhancing plugin is for slower connections (DSL).

wutzthedeal said:
I usually get static issues when I try to run StereoTool, probably because of my system/latency issues (it happened on SAM, too).  I was wondering what RB users tend to use to sound best with RB, and if anybody knows, what the best enhancing plugin is for slower connections (DSL).
Plugin doesn't depend on connection - it depends on PC configuration, memory and CPU. If you see that sound is corrupted while using Stereo Tool then try increasing latency in StereoTool's settings. Also try increasing RB's playback buffer size (Settings->Playback->Devices->Main).

I have an additional question or two, here.

Does StereoTool set in that main output process both music files and your mic input?

Is there any way to use any plugin just for the mic input instead of just the "compressor" and "equalizer" there?

wutzthedeal said:
Is there any way to use any plugin just for the mic input instead of just the "compressor" and "equalizer" there?
Technically it's possible, but temporarily this feature has been disabled for the reasons of stability. Also some plugins don't "like" to be loaded twice in the same app.

wutzthedeal said:
Does StereoTool set in that main output process both music files and your mic input?
If you don't have "Output to encoders only" then StereoTool (assigned in RB's main window) will process both music and mic. Without this option, ST will be applied for music only.

I have found that JB Broadcast VST works better than any plug in I have ever used. It's like the Ronco of VST Plug ins. just Google it and then set it and forget it.

thecamaroshow said:
I have found that JB Broadcast VST works better than any plug in I have ever used. It's like the Ronco of VST Plug ins. just Google it and then set it and forget it.

Focusrite has a good set of plugins, they are $99 but they are pretty good they have a demo also I wish there was a separate way to add plugins just to mic and not everything.

Having trouble getting VSTs to work but you were right about static and stuff; got a new more powerful computer and now no popping with Breakaway Live.

Good day. When starting the ST plug, every few minutes a voice is heard in the background saying adrest stereo tools plugs. Do I need the paid full version of the plugin?

Good day. When starting the ST plug, every few minutes a voice is heard in the background saying adrest stereo tools plugs. Do I need the paid full version of the plugin?
Hello, you are using a demo of the plugin, therefore you need the paid version. Greetings

Back