DTMF Checker

djsoft

Staff member
An utility to detect DTMF tones in files: http://dl.djsoft.net/DTMFChecker.zip

How to use: press a button and select a file (mp3, wav, ogg), program will start playback and will show the DTMF tones it has found.

Hi,

I am using DTMF since it has been released and I am planning using it even more intensively.
I would like to have more information in order to get a reliable detection and to try to hide from listeners the DTMF tones has much as possible.
I notice that during normal playback DTMF digits are regularly detected in the music, I also notice that occasionally the DTMF code is not detected by RB hense the associated task not started.
Could you please publish some best practice?
Here are a few questions I can think of.
What is the recommended number of digits to use?
Is it necessary to have a blank before the first digit, after the last one and between two digits?
What are the recommended digit duration and the ratio with blanks between digits?  ie 40ms digits separated by 20ms blank.
Is detection only on left channel?
What is the recommended audio level for digit? What is the signal ratio between digits and background music? And what is the recommended value for the RB DTMF level detection setting?
Could the DTFM checker and the RB debug info window display some king of quality detection when detecting DTMF?

Regards
Christian

Christian, currently there are no best-practice settings I can post...

The interval between digits should be about 45ms, the tone durartion should be at least 50 ms - this is for reliable detection. You can try varying those lengths to see how it works. In most cases stations use 4 digits.

The level depends on the signal level... The lower you set it - the more false-detected tones (eg. from the music) there will be. This value should be set experimentally.

RB can't display quality, it either detects a tone or not... The quality measurement here is how many false detections you get.

I am new to this feature, I've read about it, I just dont know how to send the tone to RadioBoss, can i use my mobile? or i have to make online broadcast radio to send it ?

moh001 said:
I am new to this feature, I've read about it, I just dont know how to send the tone to RadioBoss, can i use my mobile? or i have to make online broadcast radio to send it ?
RB can check the tone on sound card's input or from network stream. If you want to simply control it remotely, you better to use the API: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/remote_controlapi.htm

RB can check the tone on sound card's input or from network stream.

so I have to play the tone from my computer to get the event to run, I dont get it how could this be useful ? I read the manual, didnt get it though, if there is more information.

If you want to simply control it remotely, you better to use the API: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/remote_controlapi.htm

I read the manual and the commands, but how to apply them ? assume I am home now, how can I send these commands to my work's RadioBoss ?

moh001 said:
so I have to play the tone from my computer to get the event to run, I dont get it how could this be useful ? I read the manual, didnt get it though, if there is more information.
Usually DTMF is used when you rebroadcast another station and insert your own (e.g. local) ads. It's not intended for remote control.

moh001 said:
I read the manual and the commands, but how to apply them ? assume I am home now, how can I send these commands to my work's RadioBoss ?
All the commands are sent using HTTP requests. You can use web browser, just put the request in the address bar. There are examples in the documentation, try them.

All the commands are sent using HTTP requests. You can use web browser, just put the request in the address bar. There are examples in the documentation, try them.

got it, worked fine in our local network. thanks ,

would it work with the global IP or it's just for local IP ?

moh001 said:

got it, worked fine in our local network. thanks ,

would it work with the global IP or it's just for local IP ?
If you have an external static IP, it will work with it as well.

DTMF checker updated.

What's new:
- Different DTMF detection modes: Left, Right, Left+Right, Counterphase
- Faster file processing

I have downloaded dtmf checker and its showing a virus in the dtmf checker file-

Filename: dtmfchecker.exe
Threat name: WS.Reputation.1Full Path: c:\new folder\dtmf\dtmfchecker.exe

On computers as of 
28/12/2016 at 6:27:48 PM

Last Used 
28/12/2016 at 6:29:48 PM

Startup Item 
No

Launched 
No

Threat type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe

dtmfchecker.exe Threat name: WS.Reputation.1
Locate

Few Users
Fewer than 50 users in the Norton Community have used this file.

Mature
This file was released 5 months ago.

Medium
This file risk is medium.

Source: External Media

Source File:
dtmfchecker.exe

File Actions

File: c:\new folder\dtmf\ dtmfchecker.exe Removed

File Thumbprint - SHA:
0485550536f4b76eaeb6947e4ebae3cc84852452f5628315a651d8eb04e43ec2
File Thumbprint - MD5:
Not available

This is not a virus, it's some sort of "Reputation", I'm not sure on what it's based on - you should ignore this message.

Still no voice trakbed?
I thought you said in a previous post that in this version you will add playlist pause and music voice bed while mic is open

Sinner said:
Still no voice trakbed?
I thought you said in a previous post that in this version you will add playlist pause and music voice bed while mic is open
Does it concern DTMF Checker utility?

Back