Setting Up StationPlaylist Creator For RadioBoss

NounosSon

Setting Up StationPlaylist Creator For RadioBoss​
NOTE: This tutorial does not include the set up for the Cross Fade yet. ​

Hello everyone! I have seen a few people on the forums asking how to use StationPlaylist Creator with RadioBoss. I decided to make a tutorial to show you how to set up StationPlaylist Creator with RadioBoss.

Step 1
Install and configure both RadioBoss and StationPlaylist Creator. Configure your RadioBoss settings, music libraries, processing, etc. In StationPlaylist, configure your Categories, Spot Groups, Track List, Rotations, Schedules, and Rotation Settings. Make sure your music and jingle files are in the same file location for RadioBoss and StationPlaylist.

Step 2
See Picture 1​

Go to the Playlist Format tab in StationPlaylist Creator. Click on the drop down arrow next to Playlist format and select "M3U Standard". On the "Separate Playlist for each" section, select "Day". Day playlists are easier to set up and run with RadioBoss than "Hour" ones. I do not recommend using the "Week" playlists.

Step 3
See Picture 2​

Go to the Advance tab in StationPlaylist Creator. Make sure "Time Checking" is enable. Select "Day" for the "Reset Time every" section. Set the "Crossfade Allowance" to 0. Click on "Save All" at the top to save your configuration settings.

Step 4
Now that you have properly configured StationPlaylist for RadioBoss, generate a playlist.

Step 5
See Picture 3​

Now that we have StationPlaylist Creator set up and our playlist generated, we have to import it into RadioBoss. To do this make an empty playlist in RadioBoss. Click on "File" and "Open". Find your StationPlaylist Creator Playlist folder. It will be in your StationPlaylist Creator directory folder. Select the Playlist and click on open. Now the playlist will be in RadioBoss.

Step 6
See Picture 4​

Now that we have everything configured and setup, we need to set up RadioBoss so it will automatically add the playlists into it. To do this, we need to create an event with the RadioBoss scheduler. You will need to set up an event for each day of the week. Select the playlist for that day and set up the time you want it to import into RadioBoss. I recommend selecting "Clear Playlist" to clear the last previous day playlist.

Setting Up GapKiller in StationPlaylist Creator for RadioBoss

See Picture 5​

If you are using the Gap Killer feature in RadioBoss, you need to set up the Gap Killer in StationPlaylist Creator for your playlists to generate properly for RadioBoss. To set up the Gap Killer in StationPlaylist Creator, go to "Track Tool". Click on "Open" and open all the songs you have in StationPlaylist Creator. Then go to "File Scan". Set your "Crossfading Thresholds" to the same ones you have set in RadioBoss.
Cue is Start and Segue is End. Set both "Min" and "Max" overlaps to "0.1". Set your "Overlap to" -14.
Then click on start. Your "Start" and "End" times for each song should look very similar to the ones in RadioBoss. Some of them may not be exact, but they should be close to the ones in RadioBoss.

Due to issues with setting up the Crossfade in StationPlaylist Creator, I didn't add it yet to the tutorial. I have reported the issue to StationPlaylist Support.

I hope this tutorial helps you with setting up StationPlaylist Creator with RadioBoss. If you have any questions or need any help, please submit them below.

Thanks Dmitry for the additional information!  :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 2,209
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,729
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 1,749
  • Piture 4.png
    Piture 4.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,635
  • Gap Killer.png
    Gap Killer.png
    142 KB · Views: 1,784
Thanks for the tutorial. A couple of additions...

NounosSon said:
NOTE: If you were using the "Hour" playlists, you would need to set up 24 events for each day. This is why the day playlists are easier to use.​
Even with hour playlists, one event is enough to start those playlists during the day.
For example, you have playlists for each hour like
Oct07-00.m3u
Oct07-01.m3u
Oct07-02.m3u
Oct07-23.m3u

Just use the macro in the event: Oct?dd-?hh.m3u and make the event start every hour (See picture 1). RadioBOSS will change ?dd and ?hh to current day and hour respectively, more info on this: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm - for example, on 12th of October at 3PM it will use the playlist named Oct12-15.m3u.

Moreover, to avoid the need of changing the events each month, in the Creator change the playlist file name format (it's on your first screenshot) from mmmdd-hh".M3U" to mmdd-hh".M3U" - this way it will use the number instead of text for month, playlists will be named like 1012-15.m3u (for October, 12 3PM). An event in RadioBOSS just needs to start playlist ?mm?dd-?hh.m3u - only one event to start a new playlist every day, every hour :)

Attachments

• 10-7-2013 9-42-34 AM.png
    10-7-2013 9-42-34 AM.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,321
Dmitry, what about if start from 12:00 and finish the schedule at 08:00.
How to do that?

pety
use the "repeat every..." feature for this. Please see the picture attached. Or you may use the "Hours" option and choose the hours you need.

Attachments

• 10-7-2013 11-17-11 AM.png
    10-7-2013 11-17-11 AM.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,324
Thanks a lot !
I will test.

I think I was blind becouse I did not see this great options.  ???

djsoft said:
Thanks for the tutorial. A couple of additions...

NounosSon said:
NOTE: If you were using the "Hour" playlists, you would need to set up 24 events for each day. This is why the day playlists are easier to use.​
Even with hour playlists, one event is enough to start those playlists during the day.
Oct07-00.m3u
Oct07-01.m3u
Oct07-02.m3u
Oct07-23.m3u

Just use the macro in the event: Oct?dd-?hh.m3u and make the event start every hour (See picture 1). RadioBOSS will change ?dd and ?hh to current day and hour respectively, more info on this: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm - for example, on 12th of October at 3PM it will use the playlist named Oct12-15.m3u.

Moreover, to avoid the need of changing the events each month, in the Creator change the playlist file name format (it's on your first screenshot) from mmmdd-hh".M3U" to mmdd-hh".M3U" - this way it will use the number instead of text for month, playlists will be named like 1012-15.m3u (for October, 12 3PM). An event in RadioBOSS just needs to start playlist ?mm?dd-?hh.m3u - only one event to start a new playlist every day, every hour :)

Thanks Dmitry for the additional information! I will add this to the tutorial when I finish this week.  :)

pety said:
Thanks a lot !
It's brilliant. Both  :)

Your very welcome!  :)

djsoft said:
pety
use the "repeat every..." feature for this. Please see the picture attached. Or you may use the "Hours" option and choose the hours you need.
Here and in the other example do not have to be "Run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish" checked?

I tested. "Run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish" must be checked.

I want to make a schedule by command starting from 12:00 to 23:59:59.
Dmitry, tell me if this is right (in image).
Thanks !

UPDATE:
Didn' work
  ???
----------

My mistake. Incorrect path  ;D

Attachments

• command.jpg
    command.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 1,198
pety said:
Thanks !

UPDATE:
Didn' work
  ???
----------

It depends on what you need. You have the "Date" checked - so the event will run only on October 8th - is this correct?
According to "Hours" options, event will run at 12:00:00, 13:00:00 ... the last launch will be at 23:00:00.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Thanks !

UPDATE:
Didn' work
  ???
----------

It depends on what you need. You have the "Date" checked - so the event will run only on October 8th - is this correct?
According to "Hours" options, event will run at 12:00:00, 13:00:00 ... the last launch will be at 23:00:00.
Yes, indeed.

pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:
Thanks !

UPDATE:
Didn' work
  ???
----------

Yes, indeed.
I am very, very happy. It works GREAT !!! That's incredible how soft it works. I only have to pay attention for writing the right name of the file. A mistake means [silence detector] open.  :D

I added how to set up the Gap Killer for StationPlaylist Creator to the tutorial. Due to issues with setting up the Cross Fade for StationPlaylist Creator, I didn't add it to the tutorial yet.

NounosSon said:
I added how to set up the Gap Killer for StationPlaylist Creator to the tutorial. Due to issues with setting up the Cross Fade for StationPlaylist Creator, I didn't add it to the tutorial yet.
Super!

djsoft said:
Oct07-00.m3u
Oct07-01.m3u
Oct07-02.m3u
Oct07-23.m3u

How would you set up the day playlists using this method?

http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3528.msg13401.html#msg13401

Back