FREEZE RadioBOSS Bug

P

pety

In the last time RB is freezing when I start to play a track, after a PAUSE.
My co-workers became frustrated and they started to complain about RB.

I don't know the reason, but is very, very frustrating.

pety said:

Please see my answer here: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3326.msg13434/topicseen.html#msg13434

A quick test revealed no problem - pause->unpause or pause->play works flawlessly. It's not RadioBOSS bug. If you're using plugins - disable them. Perform virus check for a PC. Remove any recently installed programs.

If not already done so: restart the PC.

djsoft said:
pety said:

Please see my answer here: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3326.msg13434/topicseen.html#msg13434

A quick test revealed no problem - pause->unpause or pause->play works flawlessly. It's not RadioBOSS bug. If you're using plugins - disable them. Perform virus check for a PC. Remove any recently installed programs.

If not already done so: restart the PC.
It is about "Add timed pause..." not pause command.
In many cases RB freeze when network icon is highlighted (the icon from right down taskbar) as long as there is an active network connection.

To be a conflict for resources betwen Avast free antivirus an RB ?

It started to happen after you installed Avast? Network connection has nothing to do with it. If you broadcast your stream, network will always be active.

Regarding the pause problem - please give a step by step instruction on how to achieve this... I've tried to reproduce this but can't. Pause works and I can switch to another track, or it goes to the next track automatically after pause ends.

When I work with RB in Live session I create few "Add timed pause..." wich are named "X at Info", where X is the DJ. All these "Pause" are kept in the Main Playlist and I use one of them when the DJ is speaking. After he finish his speach I click [Enter] the track wich I highlighted it. And somtetimes RB freeze from 10-15 seconds (a very long time). It does not happened every time but often.

In RB I use only Compressor and AutoAmp.

No useless software is installed in PC.

In Event Viewer (Win XP Pro SP3) System an error appear to be regular: MrxSmb (master browser). I do not know what is that.

Antivirus reported "No virus" after scan.

pety said:
When I work with RB in Live session I create few "Add timed pause..." wich are named "X at Info", where X is the DJ. All these "Pause" are kept in the Main Playlist and I use one of them when the DJ is speaking. After he finish his speach I click [Enter] the track wich I highlighted it. And somtetimes RB freeze from 10-15 seconds (a very long time). It does not happened every time but often.
This started to happen recently or it always been like this? I did a quick test, but can't confirm the problem for now... The track you're starting to play - is it located on a local hard drive or is it on a network?

The problem with freeze is older. The track is on the HDD of the PC.
And I had another problem with RB today (it did not start my playlist to 15:00, but 15:02 - over two minutes). I started to use this command from here: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3528.msg13401.html#msg13401

I will start another bugs hunting campaign, becouse the PC doesn't have viruses, just few software installed.

pety said:
If you start tracks without using the timed pause - do they start quick?

pety said:
And I had another problem with RB today (it did not start my playlist to 15:00, but 15:02 - over two minutes). I started to use this command from here: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3528.msg13401.html#msg13401
Please post screenshots of the event and report which shows when event was launched. It can't delay event startup for 2 minutes... It's not possible technically. Weird.

djsoft said:
pety said:
If you start tracks without using the timed pause - do they start quick?

pety said:
Please post screenshots of the event and report which shows when event was launched. It can't delay event startup for 2 minutes... It's not possible technically. Weird.
I will be atentivelly and I will make some screenshots in near future.
I tell you about this weird behoviour becouse I saw them in practice, day by day.

This week-end is very busy for me and the next week also. So, if I will be late in this issue to know why.
But I will pay attention for that.

OK, please let me know when you have more information regarding this issue. If we could reproduce it, it will be fixed in the next update.

I saw it right know.. the big BUG

See in image.There are all playlists and I have the automation command for loading playlists.

Like yesterday it did not loaded the playlist from 15:00

Attachments

• not_load.jpg
    not_load.jpg
    699.2 KB · Views: 771
  • there_are_all_playlists.jpg
    there_are_all_playlists.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 772
Please show what is in the report (bottom left corner), also post a screenshot of the event properties window.

Hmmmm. You are right again. 15 wasn't checked. I saw that right now.

Attachments

• _screenshot.jpg
    _screenshot.jpg
    677.4 KB · Views: 796
Back