Aux input

wutzthedeal

Dmitry,
    Can you use one of the two aux inputs for a VAC input (such as Line 2 from a Skype output)?  I'd love to do this because 1.  I could adjust my mic's settings without affecting the caller's settings which has been a problem lately and 2.  I could do away with VAC.

wutzthedeal said:
Dmitry,
    Can you use one of the two aux inputs for a VAC input (such as Line 2 from a Skype output)?  I'd love to do this because 1.  I could adjust my mic's settings without affecting the caller's settings which has been a problem lately and 2.  I could do away with VAC.
Do you mean you want to use an input in an AUX player?

djsoft said:
wutzthedeal said:
Dmitry,
Do you mean you want to use an input in an AUX player?

Well, if possible, yes.  For example, right now, I run line one into the Mic button line (which includes both my voice from my mic and a callers voice from Skype or Google Voice).  Some of the callers have already adjusted their voice and may have very good mics, so my additional bass blows their sound out.  Also, because I have to run my cart items through that line as well to keep sound effects synced to my voice, their bass get's blown out.

You can add Line.In to the main playlist (menu Playlist->Add Line In) and then drag it with a mouse to the AUX playlist.

Ok did what you said, will report back with results.  EDIT: Ok that worked like a champ... now I have to change my instructional on how to take calls.  NO repeaters are necessary.  I'll go ahead and post it on that other discussion.  For those following this it allows:
1.  No repeaters are needed (VAC or similar still is).
2.  You can separate caller's voice from your voice so your settings don't affect his/hers (in my case, my co-host skyped in and I had line 2 and mic going to line 1, so with skype set to line 2 and me setting mic input to line one, my mic eq/comp settings also applied to him, and he had a great mic with awesome bass already so it completely slammed him into a wall, just about to blow out my speakers, sounded terrible).
3.  If you are having sync issues with cartwall items, just set cartwall playback to whichever line you have set to aux input (I'm using VAC line 2, so my setup is aux input 1: line 2, and Cartwall playback: line 2).  For whatever reason, that will sync your sound effects to your voice so they aren't out of sync. 
4.  It got rid of most of my popping/crackling (I still have main buffer set to something like 333ms; setting it to 75 gave me issues). 

All is good.

AUX playlists can be added in zones 2 or 3, to activate zones click View->Work Zones and select how many work zones you need.

Yes, if you add Line.In to the playlist and play it, it'll play whatever is on the input.

Back