A newer version in the pipeline

mikenico

I looking to now buy radio boss, but torn with using  a Pc or Mac, two questions is the mac version in the imedeiate future and as we now have RB 5 is there a newer version coming out soon and do I wait for that.

Currently there are no plans for Mac version.

The next version is planned for May, but you don't have to wait because we offer 1 year of free updates with each purchase.

I do actually think this is the best broadcasting software out there, after trailing all the know ones this to me is the best one on the market and I just purcahsed it ,I think also in the long run if a Mac version does come out that would be the icing on the cake for me.

keep up the good work DJsoft

Thank you very much for the good words!

Regarding the Mac version, there are no immediate plans for it (eg. for the next 2 major updates). But there's a chance that it will be released at some point in the future.

Linux would be the icing on the cake for me just make it very good under Wine or Play on linux.

WBGS-Founder said:
Linux would be the icing on the cake for me just make it very good under Wine or Play on linux.
RadioBOSS can already be used under Wine.

djsoft said:
WBGS-Founder said:
RadioBOSS can already be used under Wine.

I am on Ubuntu and I am gona test this would like to see more Linux optimization if possible?

WBGS-Founder said:
I am on Ubuntu and I am gona test this would like to see more Linux optimization if possible?
I don't think there's much room for optimization...

for one I would be glad to test this under a linux enviorment if your willing to get it stable using wine or something?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2014-05-05 08:29:11.png
    Screenshot from 2014-05-05 08:29:11.png
    375 KB · Views: 889
WBGS-Founder said:
for one I would be glad to test this under a linux enviorment if your willing to get it stable using wine or something?
It should already be stable enough - I know several users who use it under Wine. There were several issues in the past, but it's already fixed. Please report if anything goes wrong.

The only issue I had was the voice from mic was very laggy and the bar's animation was very laggy.

WBGS-Founder said:
The only issue I had was the voice from mic was very laggy and the bar's animation was very laggy.
Probably it's because Wine emulates GDI+ stuff (it is used to draw the bars) therefore it's slow. I don't think we can do anything to fix that... The only solution is to create a native Linux version, but that's not an option for now.

Will you do that in the further release also why not use QT or something compatible for windows and linux also mac? would be easier would it not?

WBGS-Founder said:
Will you do that in the further release also why not use QT or something compatible for windows and linux also mac? would be easier would it not?
QT is not good for various reasons. Main of them is its controls do not look natively in Windows. Well do it another way in the future.

I am just saying another platform hat support Linux natively, windows and mac would be nice also you could make more money if supported.

WBGS-Founder said:
I am just saying another platform hat support Linux natively, windows and mac would be nice also you could make more money if supported.
That's true. But now RadioBOSS uses a lot of Windows API stuff, therefore porting it to other platforms is challenging.

Well, this should have been thought through before making it cause all platforms are key when making software like this no other people do it right like that I hop you guys do that in the feature.

Back