How to make RadioBOSS play music at the same volume

Julia

Staff member
In order to play music in RadioBOSS at the same volume level, you can use one of the following methods:

1. Using ReplayGain - the preferred option.
2. Using AutoAmp.

You should use either AutoAmp or ReplayGain, not both at the same time.

1. ReplayGain.

In order to play music at the same volume using the ReplayGain function, you will need a program called Foobar2000.
Add tracks to your Foobar2000 playlist, select them, right-click on the selection and use the ?ReplayGain ->Scan per-file track gain? command.

Once the tracks have been scanned, click ?Update File Tags? in the results window.
scan.png

Make sure that the ReplayGain function is enabled in RadioBOSS:
replaygain1.png

Music will now be played at the same volume level and you will be able to see the volume slider move during playback:
replaygain2.png

If you are not sure which method to choose for automatic volume control, use the second one (ReplayGain), since it produces better results in most cases.

2. AutoAmp
In order to play music at the same volume using the AutoAmp function, click AutoAmp:
autoamp.png

Then click the "On" button to enable the function that will control the volume level:
on.png

Music will now be played at the same volume level and you will be able to see the volume slider move during playback:
autoamp2.png

For ReplayGain go to Settings -> Playback -> Miscellaneous -> ReplayGain and set:
  • Use Track or Album Replay Gain.
For AutoAMP set ReplayGain: Off.

BTW!
For very very smooth level I use AutoAMP and Compressor too.

Attachments

• ReplayGain.jpg
    ReplayGain.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 4,954
pety - thanks, the first post will be updated to include ReplayGain screenshot.

Use the img tag, e.g.
Code:
[IMG]http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4036.0;attach=5138;image[/IMG]

The result is:
index.php

Doesn't work.
index.php

I can upload images only through "Attachments and other options".
But if I remove them the result is what you see. No image in post.

So, I think that this is not a good way.
Maybe "Julia" has other posibilities. Mybe "she" is part of the team  ??? .

Attachments

• thank-you-cartoon.png
    thank-you-cartoon.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,515
pety said:
Maybe "Julia" has other posibilities. Mybe "she" is part of the team  ??? .
Yes for both questions. The files are uploaded to djsoft.net server and then inserts links to them into posts.

I will try to insert images in post through Picasa.
I haven't so advanced permissions  ;)

pety said:
I will try to insert images in post through Picasa.
I haven't so advanced permissions  ;)
I'd still recommend inserting them as post attachments - this will remove the dependency from a 3rd party service (Picasa) - this way we'll be sure that pictures are always available. 3rd party picture hosting tend to delete pictures for various reasons.

Picasa will NEVER delete pictures/images.
Their servers will NEVER shut down.

That is their engagement.

Just saying this as long as DJSOFT pays for their hosting that won't happen unless they have an outage or hardware breaks, I recommend DJsoft to backup often.

Back