EAS

DavenLC

I am curious...  how would you set up/inject an Emergency Alert System message? 
My equipment so far is a PC (Win 7 w/ RadioBoss) with Internet Stream Server INCH Broadwave).

I'm just curious... 

I already receive Weather Alerts and stuff in written email..  was thinking of an Audio file that when received, it'll insert into the playlist.

DavenLC said:
I already receive Weather Alerts and stuff in written email..  was thinking of an Audio file that when received, it'll insert into the playlist.
Wich is the worst scenario?
Wich are the issues that will trigger the specific alert message?
Maybe alerts should be about gravity of the problem.

Who sends message allert:
- RadioBOSS?
- Server?

etc., etc...

Excellent questions. 
Can RadioBoss delete a audio file after its been played?
Ive written batch files that copy "weather and news" podcasts into a special folder.  Maybe i can rewrite a separate batch file for EAS messages. 

I do more thinking of a process after i can find an EAS system that'll send me the audio file.  But, that'll be down the road since my system is a hobby system - "One Man Radio Station"

DavenLC said:
Can RadioBoss delete a audio file after its been played?
Yes, a new scheduler command getfile was added which can select a file from a folder and then delete it after playback. Looks like it's what you need for EAS.

Information about this command was added to this post: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,4040.0.html

Well,  hunted around for an EAS "email me" or something...  unfortunately,  this will have to be on the waaaay back burner for awhile.  You have to subscribe with a special 'Rig' in order to get something like this to work.    Unless someone has found a different way.

::)

There is a report system would be cool to add the features you want to that and add your email so easy to do that rather than making a whole complete new system? Just have a cfg to change server and stuff.

Back