Calculate time on a 5 hour playlist

Arild

Hi
I've asked this before. I use playlist Generator and create a playlist of music and jingles to be 5hours.
I set the start time at. 15:00 and stop time at. 20.00 The playlist shows 5hours and 2min, it is quite ok.
But when the playlist has played about 4 hours the start time at the last item in the playlist say 19.48
And the last song is 3:20min.
The playlist will now be 9min and 40sec to short
Could this have something to do with crossfading. I have set music to crossfading 2,5sec and jingles to 1,5sec.
I thought playlist generator calculated crossfading when it made playlist.
Hope you can find a solution to that problem

Crossfading and gap killer will make playlist shorter. For 5 hours I'd recommend you to have 10-20 minutes overhead, just in case (if you use both gap killer and crossfading, especially with "Trigger mix at" option).

Ok
So there is no way that RadioBoss can calculate CROSSFADES AND GAP KILLER
Or is it may be possible to ad this in a new RadioBoss uppdate

Arild said:
Ok
Calculating all those parameters will take a lot of time if done during playlist generation - on large enough libraries it can take hours(!).

You can compensate for Gap Killer if you pre-scan your tracks from the Music Library: Tools->Scan tracks and remove silence. Make sure you have the "Read additional file info" checkbox checked in Playlist Generator.

Then you can disable the "Trigger mix at" option in Crossfades leaving only fixed-time crossfade. Set the same value in Playlist Generator settings (set "Amount of track overlap" equal to "Mix point" value in crossfading).

Doing so will make generated playlist durations very close to the real playback duration. You still should generate more than needed, just in case.

djsoft said:
Arild said:
Ok
Calculating all those parameters will take a lot of time if done during playlist generation - on large enough libraries it can take hours(!).

You can compensate for Gap Killer if you pre-scan your tracks from the Music Library: Tools->Scan tracks and remove silence. Make sure you have the "Read additional file info" checkbox checked in Playlist Generator.

Then you can disable the "Trigger mix at" option in Crossfades leaving only fixed-time crossfade. Set the same value in Playlist Generator settings (set "Amount of track overlap" equal to "Mix point" value in crossfading).

Doing so will make generated playlist durations very close to the real playback duration. You still should generate more than needed, just in case.
NO WAY...
If there are thousands of track "Read additional file info" will be a very useless tool. Looong, looong time to wait. NO WAY. Right now, RadioBOSS do not calculate time exactly.

Crossfades, Start and End (as Dmitriy said) and that's all we can do. And by the way. In search panel is a time for tracks and in playlist is another time. I am very sorry, but I can admit that RB does not calculate time exactly. There is not good algoritm implemented in RB.

pety said:
NO WAY...
If there are thousands of track "Read additional file info" will be a very useless tool. Looong, looong time to wait. NO WAY. Right now, RadioBOSS do not calculate time exactly.
It depends. If you have a fast CPU and SSD drive then it won't take a lot of time. Anyway, due to lots of rules in Playlist Generator it's rarely possible to create an exact duration playlist.

pety said:
Crossfades, Start and End (as Dmitriy said) and that's all we can do. And by the way. In search panel is a time for tracks and in playlist is another time. I am very sorry, but I can admit that RB does not calculate time exactly. There is not good algoritm implemented in RB.
Search shows the exact duration if you have the "Read additional info" checked.

Arild said:
Ok thank yo
I will do it the eay way
Just make the playlist 10-15min longer
Yes, this is the recommended way. And to fit the end of the hour (if needed) you can use sweepers.

Dmitriy,
In version 5.1.3.0 I tested a playlist by one hour and the result was great for me. Only one second plus or minus. We talked about that and you and me were very pleased about that. The Forum is a good witness for that.

But now, after every track  the time is changing. This is an abnormal behavior. This is a real BUG. Right now I cannot trust any playlist in RadioBOSS anymore. So, if you think that this is an improvement let me tell you that this is a very big gap. This is the most important thing in a Radio Automation Software. Calculating time in playlist. At this moment I cannot recomand RadioBOSS...

It is time for you to take seriously this important issue.
I realy think to make a restore to 5.1.3.0 and to lose all good new characteristics.

As I told you it was a time when everything was great (from this post: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3886.msg16849.html#msg16849):

index.php

This error is in queue to be fixed for RadioBOSS 5.2.2 - I'll let you know if more info is needed on this.

Back