Stop time change in Playlist

Arild

Hey it must be possible to get the correct time in the playlist
As it is now is  RadioBoss is not usable
When I begin a playlist example at. 18:00 and want it to stop 19:00 for then the news start.
I have removed gap killer and trigger mix that in crossfades
I read on this forum that there was someone who would installed into a previous release of RadioBoss because then it was only 1-2 sec error on a 50min playlsit
Hope you can bring order to this error and get directed it in next update
As it is now it is not usable
And when you create a playlist of 3 hours, then it becomes much wrong

Arild said:
When I begin a playlist example at. 18:00 and want it to stop 19:00 for then the news start.
I read on this forum that there was someone who would installed into a previous release of RadioBoss because then it was only 1-2 sec error on a 50min playlsit
You can add START and END for every track with "Scan Tracks and remove silence..." from Music Library. But this tool isn't so accurate too. Anyway it is better with than without it.
I suggest you to make playlists by one hour and last track (music track) to exceed that hour with 30-45 seconds.

UPDATE:

Every playlist must be:
  • "Enabled event" and
  • "Run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish"
in SChedule.

Becouse of that you must have set FadeOut and FadeIn smoothly.

By the way ! A big "Mix Point" makes small time between fades. So I use a very very small mix point.

Arild said:
If you already disabled Gap Killer and Trigger mix, the playlist duration will be calculated accurately. You can probably get several seconds error over 1 hour playlist, but I don't think this is a problem. How much difference between calculated and actual "start time"do you get?

You may also consider using Sweepers for the News event: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm - the "Insert a sweeper before starting an event" option.

djsoft said:
Arild said:
If you already disabled Gap Killer and Trigger mix, the playlist duration will be calculated accurately. You can probably get several seconds error over 1 hour playlist, but I don't think this is a problem. How much difference between calculated and actual "start time"do you get?

You may also consider using Sweepers for the News event: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm - the "Insert a sweeper before starting an event" option.
Sweepers are not accurate too. Tested !

djsoft said:
Dmitry, if tracks have one or two seconds silence at beginning and at the end, Gap killer disabled makes things worse. In this case START and END must be used.

Settings Summarized for sharp time in playlists:
  • Assign all File Types correctly (ID's. Jingles, Sweepers, Commercials, Spots etc.);
  • Assign all Fades in Crossfades correctly (FadeIN, Mix Point, FadeOut);
  • Remove "Trigger mix at";
  • Uncheck "Remove Gap between tracks";
  • Use "Scan Tracks and remove silence..." from Library (load all directories if it's possible) to set START and END (see image);
  • No "fades" or "mix point" for ID's, Commercials, BUT START and END etc.;
  • Playlists by one hour, with a final music track with 30 seconds or more over;
  • In Schedule Events (playlists) must be set with: "Enabled event" and "Run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish".

Attachments

• START-END_INmass.jpg
    START-END_INmass.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 532
  • START-END.jpg
    START-END.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 511
pety said:
Sweepers are not accurate too. Tested !
Yes, that's be cause it's a pretty rare case when there's a sweeper of exact duration in the folder. But it works good enough.

pety said:
Dmitry, if tracks have one or two seconds silence at beginning and at the end, Gap killer disabled makes things worse. In this case START and END must be used.
Yes, but OP mentioned that he has disabled the Gap Killer feature already. Pre-scanning tracks with Music Libarary or having this feature turned on is, of course, better.

pety said:
Yes, this pretty much covers everything :) There is one thing we don't (yet) have control of - track startup time. It takes, depending on CPU and disk speed and features enabled (like Gap Killer, Trigger Mix), something between 20 and 200 (and more) milliseconds. RadioBOSS tries to compensate for that, but error accumulates and for several hours it can add up to several seconds.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Yes, this pretty much covers everything :) There is one thing we don't (yet) have control of - track startup time. It takes, depending on CPU and disk speed and features enabled (like Gap Killer, Trigger Mix), something between 20 and 200 (and more) milliseconds. RadioBOSS tries to compensate for that, but error accumulates and for several hours it can add up to several seconds.
Until now is very good for us. Thanks for RadioBOSS, the best RAS.

Having made some adjustments, I'm very satisfied with RadioBoss, it is an excellent program .
Looking forward to one thing, when you are able to record an entire program with line inn :D

Arild said:
Having made some adjustments, I'm very satisfied with RadioBoss, it is an excellent program .
Looking forward to one thing, when you are able to record an entire program with line inn :D
You mean, ability to change recording source for the Stream Archive feature?

Back