How-to send interviews from mobile phone straight to playlist for O.B.

howebzar

Use-Case: You are at an event with your mobile phone, and you want to interview people and upload onto the playlist without needing studio intervention. This is a great way to get input from "roving reporters" at events, and doesn't even need anyone in the studio.

Pre-Req: This method uses DROPBOX, which you can use for no cost to share files between PCs and Mobiles.
DropBox creates a folder on your PC which can be accessed by RadioBoss directly (you will have to workout the location of the files though, for example I have a folder called C:HP\Dropbox\CZR\)

Method: Record your message on your mobile using an App that gives a DropBox option (I use the native Samsung app on Android that allows you to set which folder in Dropbox to upload into) and then upload to the shared folder (I suggest using something like \OB Delete as we will delete after so we don't play it more than once)

On RadioBoss set up a Schedule that runs a GetFile (available from v5.2) from the shared library at regular intervals, use the DELETE option so the file is removed when it is played. here's an example:
Code:
getfile "C:\HP\Dropbox\CZRStudio1\OB Msgs" /oldest /delete

Of course, if you want to keep the recordings, simply remove the Delete option

Hope this helps...

Back