Virtual DJ

daveh

Hello Dmitry,

RadioBoss for us has been excellent it operates well we have very little issue with it if any and have been a very pleased operator. But now we would like to go to the next level

Our system sits on a fibre system with good redundency. We have the capacity to do more and offer the following thought

We operate our system remotely and various people upload and change things as we require. What we want to do now is have our DJ's work the system live. The 6am-12pm DJ could be in Australia and our system is housed in the USA. They would work it live till lunchtime then the DJ from South Africa comes on and so on and so on.

The DJ will use Skype and communicate accordingly.

This will get away from a bricks and mortar arrangement and the usual terrestrial radio arrangement

Look forward to your feed back

Cheers

You can already do it using Windows Remote Destop. It depends on what features your DJs need, as support for microphone in this case is limited.

Hello Dmitry,
Thanks for the reply, Yes we already remote the system but want to take it to the next level where we can be live with no lag etc
What are your thoughts
Thanks
Dave

There are plans on including VoIP feature in RadioBOSS that will allow conferences and remote broadcasting, but I'm not sure when it's going to be implemented.

Hello Dmitry
That is excellent news, Can I encourage you to push this as a priority as it will be a ground breaking feature and also allow the use of remote DJ's and staff and not require bricks and mortar with the high associated costs that come with a single site.
Could you also allow a skype function to be integrated into the module as well please
and a feature to allow a virtual engineer to monitor the service
Basically what we would be looking for is a virtual studio with the main hardware in one area and the people and feeds into the system in other areas ie: Virtual

We would like to be one of the beta testers
Excellent News, Excellent News
Thank You

I'm not sure if it will be possible to iontegrate Skyke, as if I remember correctly, the protocol is closed (also not sure about licensing issues). You can integrate Skype with RadioBOSS using virtual sound cards: simply route Skype's input and output to RadioBOSS's input/output devices.

daveh said:
Hello Dmitry,
Any further development in this feature please
Thanks
If you refer to VoIP feature in RadioBOSS, it's planned and I hope it will be added in RadioBOSS 5.5.

Hello Dmitry,
Excellent news
Can you think about integrating this idea
-Main Engineer screen allows changes and alterations to system and maybe programing functions
-Restricted Function and system operation for virtual DJ

What I am saying here is we control the system and its operation and the Virtual DJ who may be in another country we will never meet will run their show with some system restrictions

What sort of bandwidth do you think will be required and will we rid the system of lag

Sounds very promising
Cheers

daveh said:
Excellent news
Can you think about integrating this idea
-Main Engineer screen allows changes and alterations to system and maybe programing functions
-Restricted Function and system operation for virtual DJ

What I am saying here is we control the system and its operation and the Virtual DJ who may be in another country we will never meet will run their show with some system restrictions

What sort of bandwidth do you think will be required and will we rid the system of lag
I'd be balling it "Remote DJ" - and we have plans on such a feature. Partially it's implemented in Remote Control API and we just need to extend this to have more features and a web UI. It won't require lots of bandwidth to work, but developing it can take a lot of time.

Hello Dmitry
Any development yet or would you be interested in developing a one off system for us
Many Thanks

Depending on your requirements, this may be already possible using the Relay feature: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/relaying.htm

You can use multiple mount points, and use the relaystart and relaystop commands in the scheduler to allow a DJ to connect at certain time.

That is, when relay is active, and live stream for this relay is active (=DJ is streaming), RadioBOSS will play this stream, otherwise it will fall back to playlist.

That sounds interesting
Ill give it a bash and see how we go
Thank You again for your dedication and quality product
Regards
Dave

Back