Fill advertising block in Ads Scheduler

nelson c

Hello Dmitry. I return to detail here the points I think important to fill in detail about ADS Scheduler.

To understand a little more about what I'm going to need to make an introduction I have thought about how to implement this:

The idea is to have two FM signals in different cities. Both emit the same content as opposed to advertising.
From the studies will start the advertising block with DTMF tones.
Each advertising block is 8 minutes exactly.

At each location, advertising and the remainder must be filled will be issued.
These last eight minutes, both plants should resume transmitting the main transmission.

These are the points that I think needs to be improved

1-Add a range of acceptable difference:
It is essential to many jingles to accomplish this. In turn from the program would add "acceptable margins of error."
It would not be good for our listeners to listen at the same time always the same song every day.

For example: 3 seconds less (reprise the main streaming 3 seconds before, which will be broadcast silence but no problem, since it is after finishing a song completely not sound so bad after all.)
2 seconds more (the main transmission be cut two seconds, hardly notice when listening)

3 -To calculate filling time: it should take into account the time cutting silence eliminated.

Mix time and file types could be omitted for this version. (I guess this is quite complicated to implement, and still is not as important as cutting silence)

4 - Note that this is not taking into account the time of "Begin and end of the advertising block"

5- If the filling time is very broad. say 10 minutes, it is obvious that neither 1 nor 2 tracks will achieve complete. Would have to insert the amount necessary to cover that time.

6-I need an explanation for inserting random sweeper. I do not find any sense.

Thanks

Thank yuo very much for the ideas. Some of them are already implemented in Ads Scheduler, but need to be improved. Some changes to sweepers will be made in RadioBOSS 5.4.0.2.

Dmitry Hello, I'm testing the latest verson.

It works perfect. The error range is excellent.

I just realized that the time has not fill the account the beginning and end of ad space

nelson c said:
I just realized that the time has not fill the account the beginning and end of ad space
Currently it doesn't take into account start/end and gap killer - in one of the future versions it will.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Currently it doesn't take into account start/end and gap killer - in one of the future versions it will.

Okay, anyway running is fantastic.

When you consider these things will be unbeatable. :D

djsoft said:
nelson c said:

Hi Dmitry. In two or three months I will use this feature.
We will open a repeater in another city, so replace commercials on each transmitter. (As told above, since the estuidos a DTMF tone, followed by exactly 8 minutes of silence will be issued)

each station emits its own ad and must return last 8 minutes to the main broadcasting, to fill the remaining time will be used song whitch sweapers.

I'm doing intensive testing again and that the time isen't accurate, you need to calculate the time eliminator silence of each file. Both of the ads, as sweapers and blocks start and end of ad space. (Which even now does not take into account the time of filling, this is also very important)

In several tests were several seconds of silence, because silence trimming calculations was not taken into account.
This is essential to do a good job, and without it this function is useless.

We wait for this feature to be fully implemented to start with the new station. Therefore you need to know if there's a chance to be implemented in the next RB Beta 5.5

Thanks!

Crossfader time should also influence, but for now we plan to disable the crossfader for advertisements and filler songs, which will make the simplest things.

But disable cut off the silence is not a good idea, as it can leave several seconds of silence in the air.

A report about a problem with this:
While each playlist in ADS generates a lot of CPU Scheduler is used for a long time (this causes programs like StereoTool is HANG)

I guess that this is because it is calculating the duration of all sweapers (in test folder there are 3,000).

Although it takes longer time to generate the list I believe that this task should be performed with a lower priority so it does not consume much CPU.

A good idea would be to store the time duration of sweapers into one file ".INI" so it is not necessary to process all files each time the list is generated. (In our case it is updated daily by the "ADSUpdate" command to avoid the repetition of sweapers)

nelson c said:
I'm doing intensive testing again and that the time isen't accurate, you need to calculate the time eliminator silence of each file. Both of the ads, as sweapers and blocks start and end of ad space. (Which even now does not take into account the time of filling, this is also very important)

In several tests were several seconds of silence, because silence trimming calculations was not taken into account.

We wait for this feature to be fully implemented to start with the new station. Therefore you need to know if there's a chance to be implemented in the next RB Beta 5.5
It's planned for RadioBOSS 5.4.2 already :)

nelson c said:
Crossfader time should also influence, but for now we plan to disable the crossfader for advertisements and filler songs, which will make the simplest things.
Even if you use crossfading, its timing will be like 1/2-1/4 of a second, otherwise it could affect commercials... Currently I don't think that Ads Scheduler should account for it.

nelson c said:
While each playlist in ADS generates a lot of CPU Scheduler is used for a long time (this causes programs like StereoTool is HANG)

I guess that this is because it is calculating the duration of all sweapers (in test folder there are 3,000).

Although it takes longer time to generate the list I believe that this task should be performed with a lower priority so it does not consume much CPU.

A good idea would be to store the time duration of sweapers into one file ".INI" so it is not necessary to process all files each time the list is generated. (In our case it is updated daily by the "ADSUpdate" command to avoid the repetition of sweapers)
Noted. It was designed to have less tracks in the sweepers folder. The operation will be performed in a low priority, especially when run via adsupdate command.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:

Wow, this is great  :D

djsoft said:
nelson c said:

Noted. It was designed to have less tracks in the sweepers folder. The operation will be performed in a low priority, especially when run via adsupdate command.
It is a good idea, this task is not critical it done fast.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:

Dmitry, this was implemented now :) ?. or is postponed to a later update

djsoft said:
I'm sorry it wasn't implemented, but it will be done in the next minor update.
No problem, it was only to organize tests on improvement to make sure everything works well when's start with the second FM station.

I found some problems with ADS Scheduler:
-Generate playlists for empty blocks, should be filled with sweepers
-The ADS Scheduler command does not use sweepers.
-The ADS Scheduler command even uses much CPU. 30% I think is way too

nelson c said:
I found some problems with ADS Scheduler:
-Generate playlists for empty blocks, should be filled with sweepers
-The ADS Scheduler command does not use sweepers.
-The ADS Scheduler command even uses much CPU. 30% I think is way too
1. Currently it intentionally skips sweepers for empty blocks. I think we can add a configuration option to control it, as it's already done for Intro/Outro.
2. Do you mean the adsupdate command?
3. It runs with lower priority, so if any other process needs CPU, the system will take it from ads scheduler and give to another process with higher priority. It shouldn't be a problem.

1- It is wise and necessary addition. (Consider that files start and end of advertising block should be omitted)
2-That's right, when this command is not used sweepers.
3-Ok, did not know this. Just look at the process manager and saw running at 30%

The option will be added in one of the next updates. The adsupdate command will be checked too - added to the list of bugs.

Dmitry for Sweepers already taken into account the time cutout of silence, or still not been implemented? Thank you

Back