djsoft

Staff member
RadioBOSS 5.5 beta

What's new
- File Types: assign file types based on file location
- UAC: Default User feature
- Search: Select folder as search track source
- Configurable option: played tracks emphasizing
- Improved statistics window. Error message when the stats can not be retrieved from the server
- Statistic relays to collect stats from different servers
- Fixed: admin password is not required to collect Shoutcast v2 stats
- Additional work zone (separate window) - menu View->Work Zones->Additional
- New columns in Search window: Year, Genre, Album
- File type bed applied with fade in and fade out
- Segue Editor and Track Tool: shows 0dB level for music tracks
- Report Generator: Filename field added
- Fixed "Next" and "Prev" buttons (didn't work when the playing track was deleted)
- French and Ukrainian translations added
- Ability to use multiple DTMF sequences to start and stop an event
- Customizable genre list for all tag editor windows in RadioBOSS
- Fixed: CD tracks did not play
- DTMF tone generator
- Changed DTMF detection time window handling (details in user manual)
- Improved File Explorer tree
- Cart wall items playback is now logged
- Alt+R prelisten now also works in AUX players and Search
- Improved appearance on high DPI screens
- New Remote Control API commands added
- Numerous UI improvements, minor bugs fixed, performance improvements

Scheduler
- "Every Year" option added to repeat event every year
- "Week of month" selection (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, Last weeks)
- Fixed: expired events were not removed when scheduler was turned off
- "playsongrequest" event is now silent when there are no pending song requests
- "streamarchive" command: ability to set custom file name
- "setdtmfsource" command to change DTMF detection source
- "silencedetector" command to control silence detector
- Event expiration: "Disable event" option (in addition to "Delete event")

Playlist Generator
- Generate multiple playlists using different presets (sharing the same no-repeat buffer)
- Create playlist generator events in RadioBOSS ("Create event" menu command)
- Consider tracks in RadioBOSS playlist window for repeat protection
- Non-playable tracks are excluded from track sources
- New priority rules: Year, Genre
- Import categories from preset: UI improvement
- Multiple artists parsing for repeat protection (saparated with "ft.", "vs." etc, the list of separators is configurable)
- Genre filter

Music Library
- Fixed: music library auto-update did not save settings
- Prelisten player improved

Advertisement Scheduler
- Improved reports for ads
- Printable reports
- Ability to group ads in the list
- Assign Type for ads; check if two or more consecutive ads have the same type
- "Comment" field for ads
- "Check all ad blocks" feature to test all blocks
- Significant performance improvement when generating playlists and events
- Sweepers: gap killer is taken into account
- Prelisten for ads in the list
- UI improvements

License key:
If you're a registered user and your update subscription is not expired, please use your key.

To request the free beta tester license key, please fill this form: https://www.djsoft.net/enu/beta.htm
The free key expires January 15, 2017.

Download
RadioBOSS 5.5 beta: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.5.0.8.exe (10/17/2016, 28Mb)

Please post minor bugs and requests in this topic and create a new topic for more complex requests or reports.

Anyone who contributed will get a significant discount, up to 100%, when the final version is released. Please contact sales@djsoft.net regarding the discount.

Great job!!!. Very expected improvements :D.

Can provide more information about the commands API?

Begin testing on my part. ;)

Awesome Genre List edit. :)

Finally EXCELLENT UAC too. It behaves exactly as I want to.

Thanks Dmitriy !

Update!

I tested if user can modify the dimensions of WZ's if try to change them, when he is not permited to {Modify UI Layout}. He can't. So, now I think that can access WZ's, becouse he cannot changes them.

There is a problem.
Look how I see. UI settings means WZ's too.
When I do not permit user to [Modify UI Layout] I understand WZ's too.
Is it possible to solve this?

Becouse when User do not have permission to [Modify UI Layout] he still can change WZ's.

Thanks a lot.

Dmitry, select a local path for"- Search: Select folder as search track source" and generated the report attached.

- Statistic relays to collect stats from different servers
With it is possible to see statistics when not using radioboss as encoder? (I use another pc with RadioCaster)

By what I see not is added the "hour of playback" in the command geyplaylist. Is it possible that you add in this beta? I saw two users seeking the same thing not long ago in the Forum.

Attachments

• bugreport.txt
    42.5 KB · Views: 760
he search engine's "file browser tree" shows only the first match. I think that should continue looking for coincidences whenever is push enter.

DTMF tone generator: very useful. It may be convenient that tones play alone. Without mixing with the track previous or next as it happens now.

Additional work zone (separate window) : This is great.

"Week of month" Super useful feature. But I have a question.

When run this event?: need be run only the third Sunday in September.

But I think that also will run the first of September

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,141
Various artists website for replay protection. How does it work? It is a collaboration with the string with blanks. (example " and " or "and")

If not are you searching with space can find false collaborations in the name of the artist. for example "Andy Gibb"

Sweepers: gap killer is taken into account.
great that this has been implemented. I'm going to perform several tests these days.

nelson c said:
Can provide more information about the commands API?
Yes, a bit later, the documentation is being prepared.

pety said:
Look how I see. UI settings means WZ's too.
When I do not permit user to [Modify UI Layout] I understand WZ's too.
Is it possible to solve this?
Yes, I agree. If a user doesn't have the UI Layout permission, then changing work zone sizes (now it's possible to resize the new floating zone) and turning zones on and off shout be disabled.

nelson c said:
he search engine's "file browser tree" shows only the first match. I think that should continue looking for coincidences whenever is push enter.
This is a good addition, will be implemented soon,

nelson c said:
DTMF tone generator: very useful. It may be convenient that tones play alone. Without mixing with the track previous or next as it happens now.
It supposed to work without crossfades - looks like a bug. Thanks!

nelson c said:
"Week of month" Super useful feature. But I have a question.

When run this event?: need be run only the third Sunday in September.

But I think that also will run the first of September
It will only run on the 3rd Sunday of September, because 1st of September doesn't match the week filter.

nelson c said:
Various artists website for replay protection. How does it work? It is a collaboration with the string with blanks. (example " and " or "and")

If not are you searching with space can find false collaborations in the name of the artist. for example "Andy Gibb"
It searches with spaces, IIRC, it will be checked further for the case you've mentioned.

nelson c said:
Dmitry, select a local path for"- Search: Select folder as search track source" and generated the report attached.
Thanks!

nelson c said:
With it is possible to see statistics when not using radioboss as encoder? (I use another pc with RadioCaster)
Partially possible - use the "Start built-in encoder" feature and specify the stats server you want to use as Relay.

nelson c said:
By what I see not is added the "hour of playback" in the command geyplaylist. Is it possible that you add in this beta? I saw two users seeking the same thing not long ago in the Forum.
Yes, there's another command added: "getplaylist2" - it includes some of the playlist columns and works faster than "getplaylist".

Looling forward to seeing what API commands have been added.

Love the fact that the ON AIR indicator dims now if it's not connected :)

And great that the issue of next/previous track not playing if current playing is deleted (To be tested).

box26609 said:
Thank you this wonderful update. Many great improvements. Still hoping and praying for playlist mixdown capability :)
Currently "mixdown" feature is nearly impossible to implement as all mixing and fading is done based on real time. We have plans on major audio engine update and after that, the mixdown feature will be added too.

eddr said:
Looling forward to seeing what API commands have been added.

Love the fact that the ON AIR indicator dims now if it's not connected :)
The new API commands will be listed in the updated user manual (currently we're working on it). By the way, the ON AIR was always dimmed when no encoder was connected :)

Really?! I hadn't noticed this I have to be honest! Any changes for what happens with multiple streams?

How do we obtain the updated user manual when it's ready, will you post a download link?

Thanks!

Hi. I commented a few things from the new version.

It's really useful to classify the types of files in a folder, so you avoid having to sort track by track.

One thing I asked on other occasions in the Progrador ad is to include a folder in rotation within this. Ie in a capeta have several tracks ad and each time a different sound. This is useful when you have several different tracks of the same advertiser.
I thought that by grouping them in the new version by categories this is solved, but simpletente is not to repeat the same ad in the same category in the same block. That can be done in the future?

Otherwise I'm testing this new version. Seguire looking to see that such things go.

Thank you.

Suggestion

Hi Dmitry,

thanks for give us the possibility to test the improvements of the new beta.
I have had installed it few moments ago, and I like to make a suggestion about the Additional workspace are.

At first, the german translation of "Additional" is "Zus?tzlicher Arbeitsbereich". So far it isn't implemented. :)

So let's go to my suggesstion (see screenshot)

1 - The title bar of the additional area doesn't contains any text. Maybe "Additional workzone" (or "Zus?tzlicher Arbeitsbereich" in german) would be an idea.
2 - By minimizing the main window of RB the additional workspace minimizes, too. For computers with multiple displays this isn't useful. Maybe you should make it possible to add a separate entry to the Windows Taskbar, so that the main window can be minimized independently (like the music library).

Have a nice day
Basti

Attachments

• Screen_00045_002.jpg
    Screen_00045_002.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 881
eddr said:
Really?! I hadn't noticed this I have to be honest! Any changes for what happens with multiple streams?
It is red if one or more encoders are connected, and it's dimmed when no connection present.

eddr said:
How do we obtain the updated user manual when it's ready, will you post a download link?
It will be included within one of the next updates.

jopara said:
One thing I asked on other occasions in the Progrador ad is to include a folder in rotation within this. Ie in a capeta have several tracks ad and each time a different sound. This is useful when you have several different tracks of the same advertiser.
I thought that by grouping them in the new version by categories this is solved, but simpletente is not to repeat the same ad in the same category in the same block. That can be done in the future?
This is not possible yet, but it's planned for the future. The Grouping feature is present only to organize adverts in the list for convenience - it doesn't affect ads placement in the final playlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back