Detect the beginning and end of Overlay Player

nelson c

djsoft said:
nelson c currently I can't think of any practical solution for this... Adding features for special cases is a path to nowhere, so we should think of something else. I suggest you to create a different topic where you describe the situation in details and probably some solution will be found.
Agree solutions and implementations "to measure" not are valid for the program.

but honestly I don't think that this is something very weird or useless. Others use the following events overlapping perhaps them this feature useful. In fact design this script because I assumed that it was going to be a feature added without much problem.
Anyway, I'm open to new solutions.

But beyond that no one has requested it, might be useful for a radio station that broadcasts programs whole from the player overlay find the title of this program.

If your main player has this feature, because not the overlay? :)
That is my opinion.

Before seeking alternative solutions, I wanted to expose my ideas. and listen to theirs.

API commands can be added to get the list of overlay events being played. And, maybe, a log entry saying that overlay finished playing. Then you will be able to detect when overlay finished playing by analyzing the log file.

Overlay player is going to be rewritten soon (along with AUX players) - they will become fully featured players like the main playlists, so I'd like to avoid adding new features to the current Overlay player as it's going to be replaced soon.

djsoft said:
API commands can be added to get the list of overlay events being played. And, maybe, a log entry saying that overlay finished playing. Then you will be able to detect when overlay finished playing by analyzing the log file.
Command API to detect the beginning of the event is a good idea, but again you need to know what the name of the event. (because you may not be of advertising). Writing to the registry I think complicated and wear and tear. (with the command API to report that you there is an event in the player overlay is sufficient)
Overlay player is going to be rewritten soon (along with AUX players)
That will be very good :)

This be expected for RB 5.6?

Found a way provisional of solving this issue (and slightly des neat for the listener) and can be prone to errors.
Since goes be rewritten the code, have in has seen the function to send of the name of the event to the server.
When beyond advances in this. I'll be back to revive the post :)

nelson c said:
This be expected for RB 5.6?
Yes, currently it's planned for RadioBOSS 5.6. The change is pretty global as the main playlist code will be rewritten as well.

Back